Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In this quarter's Mickey Monitor...

Post Thanks / Like
    ...which most of you know is the publication distributed to annual passholders.

A couple of interesting tidbits...
    • I received a seperate insert with 4 cards that I can distribute to friends/family who will then receive 10% off the purchase of a Annual Pass, so if anyone would like one, send me a pm (In the interest of full disclosure, if you use the card, I receive a $25 g/c for the World of Disney store )
    • There are two upcoming AP speaker events, both on the topic of special effects and fireworks. The one being held in the MK on June 20 will feature Steven Davison, the creator of "Wishes". He will speak about his creative concept of Wishes, and how his vision has been adapted for Halloween and Holidays. AP guests will also have Q&A time, PLUS the opportunity to view Wishes from a special reserved location.
    • There will be another "Early Bird AP Sale" at the World of Disney shop in DTD on June 6 at 6:30am (bring your coffee!!)
    • There was a blurb regarding the "new look" of DTD, including a description of the upcoming restaurant "Paradise 37" a new high-energy waterfront restaurant and bar that features North, Central and South American cuisine, PLUS A BAR WITH FIFTY KINDS OF TEQUILA!! Paradise 37 is scheduled to open in late May.

And finally,the "Sounds Like Summer Concert Series" at EPCOT will be held June 15th through August 9th with three shows nightly (5:15, 6:30 and 7:45) and will include the following (my apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere):

June 15-21
    "Stayin Alive"
    A tribute to the Bee Gees

June22-28
    Hotel California
    A tribute to the Eagles

June 29-July 8
    Slippery When Wet
    The ultimate Bon Jovi tribute

July 9-July 19
    Bjorn Again
    A tribute to ABBA

July 20-26
    The Sounds of the Supremes
    A tribute to the Supremes

July 27-August 2
    2U
    A tribute to U2

August 3-9
    Petty Theft
    A tribute to Tom Petty

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Becca! It was really decent of you to post all that info!

Now, can you tell me please why I've not received MY Mickey Monitor yet? :D

I've seen the construction area for the new restaurant. It looks like it's going to be a big place.

PI needs some life desperately. Perhaps this high energy restaurant will inject some energy into the forlorn island that was once a hopping place.

We'll have to wait and see!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    50 KINDS OF TEQUILA!!!?????

CanwehaveameetthereCanwehaveameetthereCanwehaveame etthereCanwehaveameetthereCanwehaveameetthereCanwe haveameetthereCanwehaveameetthereCanwehaveameetthe reCanwehaveameetthereCanwehaveameetthereCanwehavea meetthereCanwehaveameetthereCanwehaveameetthereCan wehaveameetthereCanwehaveameetthereCanwehaveameett hereCanwehaveameetthereCanwehaveameetthere :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Just ordered my annual pass the other day - didn't realise you got a magazine, they send them to the UK. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you think we should try the tequila place out for Dawn while we are there Lisa?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks becca....pm sent about the AP Assuming the discount will work from the UK

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyblonde, post: 131720
    Do you think we should try the tequila place out for Dawn while we are there Lisa?
    I have never had it, the worm scares me Willing to give it a try for the purposes of resarch for the boards though :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, FLOOR!

Issy, I shall check the fine print and post an update on expiration date/use in the UK, etc.

If it can help you, it's yours! We actually have 8 of them in total because Jon also got a set, so we have plenty to share!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 131703
    Thanks Becca! It was really decent of you to post all that info!

Now, can you tell me please why I've not received MY Mickey Monitor yet? :D

I've seen the construction area for the new restaurant. It looks like it's going to be a big place.

PI needs some life desperately. Perhaps this high energy restaurant will inject some energy into the forlorn island that was once a hopping place.

We'll have to wait and see!
    Ms. Tink, I have *NO* idea why they've not sent you your MM yet! We received ours yesterday. Perhaps it is being delivered by Mickey himself?

I hope they rejuvenate DTD a bit as well, it's so sad and forlorn to see it the way it is currently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 131716
    didn't realise you got a magazine, they send them to the UK. :)
    Sadly we don`t!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast