Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Video to DVD

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    13,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have some old video which I took with a camcorder....it's transferred to VHS.
    I want to get it onto disc. Any ideas on how to go about this? Subject is of sentimental value and I just want to preserve it for as long as possible and, video recorders are no longer used these days.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a video player and a DVD recorder?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    13,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 131697
    Do you have a video player and a DVD recorder?
    I do, yes.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Connect the AV out on your video player into the AV in on the DVD recorder, and play the video.

    On your DVD recorders remote, somewhere, there should be an 'AV or INPUT' button, where you can change the input to the DVD recorder from ch1,ch2,ch3 etc etc, eventually you will get to AV. (You'll know because your Video will be on-screen)
    Once you see your video you can just record it to DVD as you would any other channel (like BBC or ITV)

    Does that make sense
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    i did this too recorded the video to the recorders hard drive then burnt it to dvd
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    13,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 131705
    Connect the AV out on your video player into the AV in on the DVD recorder, and play the video.

    On your DVD recorders remote, somewhere, there should be an 'AV or INPUT' button, where you can change the input to the DVD recorder from ch1,ch2,ch3 etc etc, eventually you will get to AV. (You'll know because your Video will be on-screen)
    Once you see your video you can just record it to DVD as you would any other channel (like BBC or ITV)

    Does that make sense
    OMG! I apologise Josh. I don't have a DVD recorder, just a DVD player. Sorry for the confusion

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 131731
    OMG! I apologise Josh. I don't have a DVD recorder, just a DVD player. Sorry for the confusion
    Ohh! Do you know anyone with one you can lend for this purpose? You can buy specialised devices but would it be justified for 1-2 videos?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    13,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 131737
    Ohh! Do you know anyone with one you can lend for this purpose? You can buy specialised devices but would it be justified for 1-2 videos?
    tried ringing around a few friends with no luck. DH has had a look online and they are about 20 to buy.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    For a DVD recorder 20 is worth it Especially for the uses it has after you've copied your videos over.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    13,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 131811
    For a DVD recorder 20 is worth it Especially for the uses it has after you've copied your videos over.
    20 wasn't for a DVD recorder but the cable to go from a video recorder to my computer. I could then apparently transfer the information to my Studio program....from there make a disc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •