Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *eek* Summer had arrived! *eek*

Post Thanks / Like
    Today (Saturday) will be day 4 of 100+ degrees. The forecast is for more of the same through at least next weekend. If we're lucky, we may sneak in a degree under 100 one day next week.

We've zipped right past the 90s this year--had a couple of days here and there during the past two weeks, but that's it.

Let's hope the jet stream dips down again before it gets really hot!

Post Thanks / Like
    wow!!

we are also having very warm days over here...

most years by May it has started to rain... not this year though!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep! Its been hot here too!

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    So not hot here!!! Torrential downpour during the Track meet with wind gusts of 40 -50 miles an hour. So much fun!!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's been averaging about 17 here (what's that, about 64-ish?) and this is classed as a very nice May!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 131827
    So not hot here!!! Torrential downpour during the Track meet with wind gusts of 40 -50 miles an hour. So much fun!!
    Oh, joy!

One of my colleagues has a daughter in high school and they had their final track meet on Thursday and Friday. Began at 3:30 p.m. on Thursday--and the temperature was around 104 degrees! Fortunately, that was mostly short distances, so the students weren't competing in the sun/heat for long periods of time, although they had qualifying heats first. The daughter runs cross country, and her event was Friday evening at 7:30. It was still hot, but at least the sun wasn't beating on them the entire time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jesus... shipping the torts off to come and live with you!! They are packing their bags now. Love the heat!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 131939
    Jesus... shipping the torts off to come and live with you!! They are packing their bags now. Love the heat!!
    They'll have to visit my colleague's neighbor, Stefi! She now has five torts--one recently found its way into my colleague's back yard and her mother saw one of the dogs with it in his mouth. Holding it very gently, thankfully! It was a small tort (about 6 inches or so) and a large dog (about 85 lbs)!

The tort now is happy in a dog-free, cat-free environment, complete with shelter, sunning area and a shallow pond. :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodie, post: 131883
    It's been averaging about 17 here (what's that, about 64-ish?) and this is classed as a very nice May!
    I think we're in the wrong country Jodie - I tried to sit out for a coffee this morning and almost got blown away, still at least the washing is getting dry, even if I end up chasing it halfway round the garden. Thankfully we are going to Florida in a few days so really looking forward to getting some sun

Post Thanks / Like
    Tajato us Brits 100 just seems impossible. Keep cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast