Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Seriously.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 137996
    Most sensible post in this thread.
    was that being sarcastic or have you finally seen the light?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it is done then. Friday night when DD was at her prom we went to the apple store. We were looking at the mac book and mac book pro. We went with the pro due to DD's declared art major/visual arts requirements. We bought the three years warranty (Icare I believe it is called), IWorks, and got the "free" Ipod touch for her. $2500 before the $229 rebate! I know this was the right option for her. So now at least one of the family has joined the dark side.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 138032
    Well it is done then. Friday night when DD was at her prom we went to the apple store. We were looking at the mac book and mac book pro. We went with the pro due to DD's declared art major/visual arts requirements. We bought the three years warranty (Icare I believe it is called), IWorks, and got the "free" Ipod touch for her. $2500 before the $229 rebate! I know this was the right option for her. So now at least one of the family has joined the dark side.
    Doe she know that you've bought it yet? that's amazing!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Did that include the Apple Education discount? I know that Apple has a discount program for higher education students and faculty. Here's the info about it at the Apple store:

Higher Education

Tom (... I know she'll like it!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tb2830, post: 137994
    i know more than you think.............and ive certainly had my fair share of laptops all of which have been naff
    i know you know quite a bit, im not doubting that at all, you are probably one of the most knowledgable woman i know on computers....what i said before was meant tongue in cheek trace you should know that by now....maybe youve just bought naff brands we have 4 toshibas in the house and never had a problem with any even the old work one which ive still got from 1998
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 138051
    Doe she know that you've bought it yet? that's amazing!
    No, not yet. She was really stoked when upon meeting her faculty at the accepted students event in May to find that fine arts majors must have a mac. Her eyes got wide and was really happy about that. She doesn't know that we went with the pro option. I think she was thinking that she would just get the little white one. I think she will freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 138078
    Did that include the Apple Education discount? I know that Apple has a discount program for higher education students and faculty. Here's the info about it at the Apple store:

Higher Education

Tom (... I know she'll like it!)
    Yes, she got it -$100 off the computer 30% off the service contract and the Iworks sold for something like $50 instead of the normal $80. The Ipod touch had to be paid for and will be refunded to make it a "free" Ipod.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 138108
    Yes, she got it -$100 off the computer 30% off the service contract and the Iworks sold for something like $50 instead of the normal $80. The Ipod touch had to be paid for and will be refunded to make it a "free" Ipod.
    Oh good! Just wanted to be sure you got all the discounts that were available.

She's gonna love it! Now, we've just gotta get you one!

Tom (... Hello! I'm a Mac!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan does she know yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Siobhan, no I don't think so. The university gave us a list of acceptable computers for the fine arts majors and I think she believes that she will be getting a mac but a lower end one. I don't think she is aware of the Ipod touch offer. That on top of the higher end computer should be quite a good surprise for her.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast