Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: ***Local newspaper/candy exchange - sent/received thread***

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 136736
    I received a package from LisaW. It contains a copy of the Bracknell News and Bracknell Forest Standard. I will be looking at those a bit later. I also received an assortment of goodies including drumsticks, fruit-tella crunchies, refresher, Mr. Chews, a bag of Fizzy Mix, wonder winders, build a burger, strawberry flavored pencils, Rowntree's pick & mix, flumps. It all looks very interesting! Thank you Lisa
    Glad it arrived OK! Flumps are my favourite :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much Mari, your parcel has arrived full of very interesting looking candy! The descriptions are great, I won't get a shock when trying anything! Colin and I are going to sit down later and sample some of them - with a couple of glasses of water nearby! :D

Caitlin loved the Tink lollies and daniel gave a big thumbs up to those caramel lollies :D

I am thinking the article on the front page of the paper is about Swine Flu affecting tourism?

Thank you again

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Right l am seriously worried. Posted last Tuesday first class. Was within the UK. When should l panic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 136756
    Thank you so much Mari, your parcel has arrived full of very interesting looking candy! The descriptions are great, I won't get a shock when trying anything! Colin and I are going to sit down later and sample some of them - with a couple of glasses of water nearby! :D

Caitlin loved the Tink lollies and daniel gave a big thumbs up to those caramel lollies :D

I am thinking the article on the front page of the paper is about Swine Flu affecting tourism?

Thank you again
    yei!! I was getting a bit worried.... they said 7-10 days and it took 12!!

And yes.. the article is about the swine flu epidemic.. EVERY paper for at least 2 weeks had swine flu as the big news!

Let me know how it goes with the candies :) Im glad they were at least able to enjoy the Tink(Tatiana chose those) and the caramel ones :)

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if it affects anyone but i am away at the moment so if anything has arrived it will be with the post office

Post Thanks / Like
    mine is going to be posted tomorrow i have been away and went to town to post it today and forgot the flipping thing :( sorry i am so late but it will get there quickly once posted :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine was couriered as it was as cheap as posting (a Mr Deb action) . However, the couriers will not leave it with anyone else, or put a card through the door to say they've been, even though they have tried to deliver 3 times. Really useful! As my recipient may very well be out all day (don't want to give away who it is ;) ) then the courier has brought it back and it is going into the normal post today...at least the postie will put a card through the door if no-one's in

Of course, this means that my Teesdale Mercury will be well out of date, and the Spot theSheep competition cannot now be entered :( ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Just had a quick go at the Spot the Sheep competition before leaving for school.

Thanks to Deb for the lovely box of goodies - I love pontefract cakes. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I'm glad it eventually arrived Dawn! It would seem it's been travelling around the country for a couple of weeks :D

Was the chocolate stuff ok? When I put it in there we were in the depths of an Arctic winter, but of course now we are all suffering from too much sun. Been worried it would have melted everywhere

Bet you never got the sheep.

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG I've just checked the photo for Spot the Sheep.

I may scan it later and let you all have a go.

PS - the chocklit is fine.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast