Thread: Carry on bag for laptop

Post Thanks / Like
    Long time no see

Does anyone have a recommendation for a nice carry on case which will keep a laptop safe as well??

Pc world dont seem to have any good ones and I'm a bit stumped now

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a Solo brand for work. It's quite nice and carries the laptop securely.

I also have another laptop "bag" I use. It's a Tumi. It's very nice too and I switch between them.

The Tumi, is a bit smaller and easier for me to handle on the many internal flights I take.

Although I have/do flown/fly with the Solo it's a bit bigger and sometimes depending upon the plane (I prefer aisle seats) won't fit nicely under the seat in front of me.

Targus is another brand that I've seen as well as the brand that has the little red cross on it like the Swiss Guard. Can't quite remember the name.

I'll say this, the Tumi bag has a padded, separate case for the laptop. Once I pull that out of the bag proper, and then take the laptop out of the case, the padded case makes a nice lap cushion for the laptop.

Did that make any sense?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Petey!!!!!!! We were all worried about you.... what with the swine flu and that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola DeVille, post: 132449
    Petey!!!!!!! We were all worried about you.... what with the swine flu and that.
    Crayola! Don't go frightening him away again!

Pete, I use Targus which is one of the makes Tink mentioned but it's a bit old now and I'm not finding their current range very compelling :/
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a targus and it is very good at protecting the laptop, doesn't look very nice though!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a TravelPro wheeled tote, with my laptop cushioned in a neoprene case. In warm weather, I can pack two or three days clothing in it with an extra pair of shoes and basic toiletries. And my geek bag--all those cords and things we need for our electronics. I've had the tote for three years, and it's still going strong. I occasionally check it, if I don't have my laptop in it.

I've also been know to use a small, wheeled duffel (19" including wheels) with my laptop snuggled into the neoprene case and cushioned between clothing. That can get me through up to a week--depending on dress requirements--in warmer weather. Doesn't work with serious business or formal clothing, though. They need more space. A note of caution: it doesn't fit under the seats--at least on Southwest! The frame doesn't allow it to bend sufficiently to coax it under the seat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola DeVille, post: 132449
    Achoo