Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which characters are there at the Cape May buffet?

Post Thanks / Like
    and also... is it a regular buffet ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Characters are only there for breakfast. It's Goofy (surfing Goofy) and some friends. Sometimes it's Chip and Dale, sometimes it's penguins! :D :D Loads of interaction.

Minnie holds court off the the right of the restaurant (in what used to be the bar).

Regular buffet? If you mean do you go to a well stocked buffet service area and make your own selections, yep.

Oooodles of hot and cold, sweet and savory choices for the meal.

Dinner is not character. Each of the four sides of the buffet service area offers something different with desserts in a separate area.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Is Cape May any good for dinner?

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a clambake in the evening. No characters. The food is very good. There is also lots to choose from if you aren't a seafood lover.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you :)

So its Goofy, some friends and Minnie.... :) good to know!!

One more Q... is it included in the dining plan?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it is.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    The dinner is billed as a New England Clambake, however it is not. :)

It is a buffet that features steamed clams, mussels, shrimp and at least one fish selection (usually salmon). Clam chowder, another soup (sometimes chili) scrummy cornbread :D and other bread choices, carved beef (different types of roast) a cold section where you build your own salad, and a non-seafood hot section that features chicken (wicked good!) sausage and peppers, a pasta dish, a beef dish, vegetables, mash, boiled potatoes, corn on the cob, and the like.

There is a children's corner (that anyone can choose items from) that has mac and cheese, and a varying selection of other items.

Desserts are flan, mini-cheesecakes, oreo bites, cookies, and the like.

It's a great place to go with folks who have a wide range of preferences.

When it first opened it offered lobster (for an additional price) then went to crab, and had steamed oysters a couple of times, but no longer for any of these (hence the lack of it's actually being a 'clambake'). Plus, clambake means something in Maine, just as low country boil means something in South Carolina. Much more than components of a meal, it's an entire process and quite an event! :D :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooh I think I just added this one to the list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Already on mine!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well if you like clams, mussels and shrimp this is the place to be!

Seriously, we've gone here with large family groups which comprise "preferences" that range from mildly particular to fussier than all get out and will only eat three things in all the world... :D We had a grand time and everyone liked it.

It's not always perfect, there have been a couple of times (but well in the past) where clearly the staff on duty that night (food prep staff, I mean) didn't have a clue... there was the time when the CM on the steam cooker didn't know how to operate it until I told him what to do! Sheesh! People were lined up waiting forever to get shellfish.

But that was just the one time, and it was indeed years ago. One other time the place looked like the wreck of the Hesperus, and we found out later that the Chef was not on that night so the staff were directionless. It showed.

Just throwing that in so all ya'lls don't think I'm too biased about the place! :D :D :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast