Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Disney fan but new to the forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, joining a forum is a completely new thing for me but I love to read about people's Disney experiences. We have been to WDW 5 times and are returning on the 30th Nov 2009. We joined DVC in 2007 to make staying on Disney much more achievable for the children (20 and 14) as they grow and make their own memories.
    This year we are not hiring a car and we are using the Magical express to get to Disney but I wondered in any Disney veterans have found out if there is regular transport that takes you from Disney to any malls or International drive and back again or whether it will be taxis?

Thanks

All Star movies 1999
    Animal Kingdom 2002
    Caribbean Beach 2005
    Beach Club 2007
    Animal Kingdom/Beach Club 2008
    Saratoga Springs/ Animal Kingdom 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't answer your questions but just wanted to say Hi and welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, thanks for the welcome. I have been reading some of your 40th birthday trip report and you sound so sorted.... I'm really jealous! You mention you are going to try Le Cellier, we LOVE this place. We wanted to try it in 2005 but hadn't booked and they had a three month waiting list. We have learned to book every time now. The filet mignon with the mushroom risotto is my fave.
    You also mention a kitchen sink at Boardwalk, do you mean the ice-cream dessert at Beaches and Cream restaurant at Beach club? If you do they actually make a huge thing of it when they bring it out (announcing it and flashing lights) a bit like they do with the volcano dessert at Rainforest Cafe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi KangaRoo and a warm welcome to the site [or should I say "Welcome Home" seeing as you are a fellow DVC member? ] We joined in 1992 and we still reckon that it was one of our smartest moves.
    Sorry, can`t help much on the transport issue as we always rent a car whenever we visit WDW but others will be along soon I`m sure.

Post Thanks / Like

A warm welcome - hope you stay and play for a while

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and Welcome to Disney secrets.
    I have traveled to Florida without a car and we used the local bus service to the malls and if I remember we got it from magic kingdom. If you look on LYNX Central Florida Regional Transportation Authority you might be able to find which bus you need. I must be truefully it was much easier with a car and we did get a taxi home from the mall.
    International drive by buses was very easy to get to and from.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome HOME!!!! :9: Another DVC member here! It's great that you have chosen to join our site. You are going to find some of the very best advice and information here, and the absolutely friendliest members!

When we lived in the northeast (of the US) we used to fly in and didn't always have a car. We stayed at DVC and used Disney transport to get around the parks with no problem at all.

We've walked from DTD to Crossroad's plaza, but there isn't much real shopping there and we'd never recommend the grocery shop there anymore. It's ridiculously overpriced (Disney prices are better! ) and the food is often very poor quality.

I know some folks MinnieMe is one, have great success using the Lynx public transport bus system. I've not ever done it, but it does run to areas on Disney property.

There is the I-Drive Trolley which is fairly inexpensive (the last time we used it the cost was about 75 cents, not sure what it is now) but you have to be at I Drive to use it.

So, all that to say I don't know too much about getting around without your own transport (other than taxis, towncars and the like).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome!

We never have a car and use Towncar transfers. My children have used the Lynx bus system with no problems.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and and big welcome to

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast