Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Off to see the Wizard...

Post Thanks / Like
    The actors in NYC all spoke with an American accent so I imagine they will in Norfolk as well.

It was truly a phenomenal show Dan. If you love the Wizard of Oz, you will be in for lots of surprises too.

Ohhh I forgot all about souveniers.....off to count my money......

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 133054
    The actors in NYC all spoke with an American accent so I imagine they will in Norfolk as well.

It was truly a phenomenal show Dan. If you love the Wizard of Oz, you will be in for lots of surprises too.

Ohhh I forgot all about souveniers.....off to count my money......
    No kidding there! You saw it on Broadway..wow...hope this tour is a good group. Johnie, are you going to try to eat somewhere around Granby Street? Let me know if you need a recommendation - can't go wrong with Freemason Abby.

I was sort of asking Terri if the UK show would have a British accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh gotcha!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Johnie, do you have a big crew going Sunday?

Post Thanks / Like
    No, it's just 2 of us going to the play. Krista is thinking of driving down from Delaware to go with me. If so, she's bringing the kidlets and Alysia is taking them to the zoo or Nauticus (if it rains).

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds like a plan.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have booked to go to London to see it in November. Can't wait.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the show last night was excellent! Billie, the stage front looked just like the one you sent. We went out to eat at Guadilajara (sp?) on Granby Street. Food was ok, service was terrible! I don't think they were aware of the amount of business Wicked was bringing in. I came to find out that most of the people there then went to Wicked. I like to peope watch and Sally and I were picking them out. Sally got the biggest margarita I have ever seen and it packed a punch. Had to help her finish it.

Chrysler Hall isn't intimate but the show still convey well. Lisa warned me to bring kleenex but big boys don't cry. DW and DD may have needed it. As promised there are some surprises (although being forwarned I played detective and was just one jump ahead of the storyline).

The lead Elphaba was just a tremendous talent. Looking at the program I saw that she was a Cast Member at Disney. I am sure her talent shown there and it wasn't long until she was on Broadway. She just finished a run as Elphaba on Broadway. Man can that girl sing!

Glinda was very good too and her song "Popular" (DD's favorite) stole the show.

The Wizard was recognizable as he had recurring roles on Fraiser and a few other TV shows. His Who's Who had an interesting tid bit. He thanked his wife, and kids especially his young daughter who introduced him to Wicked. It seems that she and a friend played Wicked in the back yard all summer in 2004.

It was a great idea to do the back story to the Wizard of Oz. Baum would be proud.

Johnie..you are in for a treat! For those going to the show in London, you will just love it too. (now if someone could answer if the UK show's actors have British accents...not that that really matters..just curious)

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you enjoyed it!

The leads had (put on) American accents in London :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 133263
    Glad you enjoyed it!

The leads had (put on) American accents in London :)
    Thanks for the information Lisa! I wondered about that being sort of set in a mythical land not too far from Kansas.

I found this review of sorts from our local paper.

Something 'Wicked' this way comes | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

There is a picture with the leads in it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast