Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: US photography retailers

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    so does anyone know any good online retailers that can deliver to a US address? am i right in thinking you don't pay tax on online orders?

    thanks















  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like B&H. Always had good service from them. And as long as the delivery address is in a different state (not NY in this case), there shouldn't be any sales tax.

    Tom (... love them tax loopholes)

  3. #3
    Senior Member Watchinherskip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia USA
    Posts
    3,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    We bought most of our cameras (video and photo) from Ritz. We like them. (I did hear something about them going bankrupt though, maybe just the retail stores.)

    Digital Cameras / Electronics at RitzCamera.com - Free Shipping & No Sales Tax on Qualifying Orders










  4. #4
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,783
    Post Thanks / Like
    b&h photovideo for me too, they always seem to have the best prices (although they close on weird days - certain religious holidays etc.)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chelmsford
    Posts
    445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have always gone to Ritz Cameras in Florida Mall Digital Cameras / Electronics at RitzCamera.com - Free Shipping & No Sales Tax on Qualifying Orders as they do let you try lenses and cameras so if you like it and you find it cheeper at B&H you can order it from there...

  6. #6
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,783
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm, post: 133384
    Have always gone to Ritz Cameras in Florida Mall Digital Cameras / Electronics at RitzCamera.com - Free Shipping & No Sales Tax on Qualifying Orders as they do let you try lenses and cameras so if you like it and you find it cheeper at B&H you can order it from there...
    Me too Malc but their selection isn't WONDERFUL and I don't know how much longer they'll be there since they've filed for chapter 11 back in feb :/
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 133385
    Me too Malc but their selection isn't WONDERFUL and I don't know how much longer they'll be there since they've filed for chapter 11 back in feb :/
    And already closed a number of stores.

    Tom (.... another one bites the dust!)

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks guys!!!















  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chelmsford
    Posts
    445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very true Keith but they are the only ones i find who have a fair selection that you can try (apart from the bandit stores on 192 and I-Drive) the likes of BestBuy and Target are very sparce on camera stuff dont know if this is the same over your neck of the woods Tom ?

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm, post: 133389
    Very true Keith but they are the only ones i find who have a fair selection that you can try (apart from the bandit stores on 192 and I-Drive) the likes of BestBuy and Target are very sparce on camera stuff dont know if this is the same over your neck of the woods Tom ?
    We've got a couple of good local camera stores here in the Atlanta area but they're a LOT more expensive than B&H. We also have a number of Ritz stores but they're fading fast. I've pretty much given up on Ritz.

    Tom (... love my B&H catalog...)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •