Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: keeping cameras safe in the parks

Post Thanks / Like
    last time we took our big camera the lenses fogged up as soon as we went into the heat and left behind some dust :(

is there any way to stop it or do you all use the tiny cameras ? do they have the same problem though

Post Thanks / Like
    when i used my 400d i had no problems at all but there wasnt any humidity so not a problem really
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    You can purchase little dessicant packages. I have a dive camera and to stop the fogging I drop in one of this little cartriges and it removes the humidity. I think you can buy them online.

http://www.amazon.com/Aquapac-Desicc.../dp/B000UDBMZE

Post Thanks / Like
    d'ya know what I have never had problems with fogging - could it be down to the bags they were carried in - will be interested to read the answers to this thread

Post Thanks / Like
    i've not had this problem before. Did you leave it in the car or something?

Post Thanks / Like
    It does seem to be related to the conditions at the time, humidity, the bag you carry it in, how soon you get the camera out after it being in a cold air conditioned room and so on.

I've seen the effect on many cameras, compacts included but it the two worst ones were the top lcd of a nikon d300 which fogged a little and seemed to leave residual dust behind although quite how I'm not sure :/ and a canon 28-135 lens that likewise fogged up and ended up with what looked like dust between the elements.

So yeah hmmm.

I tend to keep the cameras in plastic bags with a little sachet of silica gel at the bottom. It also seems to help to leave the cameras in a padded bag to gently aclimatise rather than just going from cold room to hot outside.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We've had the same thing happen, not only with our "real" camera and the huge lens, but with our binoculars. For us it was the first summertime (August) visit to WDW, and we took them both from an AC room (at the BC! :D ) directly into the hot summer morning. Never gave it a thought until the "damage" was done.

Now, we are much more careful with allowing the camera and binoculars to warm up slowly (bag, silica gel, and watching where we put it in the hotel room/villa).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    thinking about it my glasses have fogged up coming out of an airconditioned room!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh all the time! It's like the reverse of winter (FL in the summer) when you go from a warm house to the cold outdoors.

The AC to the humid heat is the same, fogs those lenses just as fast as you can say... well, foggy lenses!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    maybe i haven't had the camera thing because they're in the bag and have become acclimatised by the time i go to use them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast