Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Broadband suggestions

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 134032
    We're with Virgin too - been with them ever since they were Nynex, then Cable and Wireless, then ntl, and now Virgin. No major problems.

I guess the parents should check which telephone provider wiring is in the house first then take it from there.
    The thing I like about virgin is it doesn't need any extra software to just run... AOL uses that *awful* browser, and BT makes you install their connection program etc. Virgin is just plug and play
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    were also with bt and its been fantastic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 134038
    The thing I like about virgin is it doesn't need any extra software to just run... AOL uses that *awful* browser, and BT makes you install their connection program etc. Virgin is just plug and play
    its crud

same and tiscali pug it all in and off you go

you on cable or modem josh
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    We are with Tiscali too but we have had a lot of connection problems with them that they have had to refund us money for.

The free line rental isn't available in all areas yet either as i'm still paying for mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyblonde, post: 134049
    We are with Tiscali too but we have had a lot of connection problems with them that they have had to refund us money for.

The free line rental isn't available in all areas yet either as i'm still paying for mine.
    agree at the house the phone was off for a while they had BIG probs at the exchanges in loads of areas, thats the only ive had well didnt coz im not there but its the only prob in 5 years with them other than that its been great stuff happens now and then
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 134038
    oh for the choice lol! we don't have cable here

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 134056
    oh for the choice lol! we don't have cable here
    dont at the house eiother the residents wont let the paths be dug up
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire, post: 133903
    We've been with BT Internet for as long as I can remember and we've never had a problem with them. And their prices keep going down for some reason. We get a call from the every so often offering us the same package for less money if we agree to another 12 month contract.
    Same here.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 134048
    its crud

same and tiscali pug it all in and off you go

you on cable or modem josh
    Cable It's great as they plugged it in the front-room near the T.V and in the backroom where the computer is. We got someone to route it through the conservatory when we moved the computer there so the cable is actually in three rooms We wanted it that way rather than having to connect through a wireless network on the main PC.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 134240
    Cable It's great as they plugged it in the front-room near the T.V and in the backroom where the computer is. We got someone to route it through the conservatory when we moved the computer there so the cable is actually in three rooms We wanted it that way rather than having to connect through a wireless network on the main PC.
    fibre optics has to be the way to go over the **** copper BT provide, hope they replace it with F O but doubt it bery much and wont ever get cable in our town either i dont suppose....get the full speed with cable rather than wireless
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast