Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh's trip to hell...

Post Thanks / Like
    and I'd like to say "and back" but I doubt I'll make it back alive.

Jade's friend's Dad has a static in Newpines in Wales and we have rented it from Friday afternoon until Tuesday Afternoon of next week.

I don't mind camping, a tent wouldn't bother me. But the thought of being in what is basically a metal box, trapped, with Mum, Dad and Jade (I don't mind staying with Niamh, she is my fave family member ) just does not appeal to me what-so-ever!

Apparently I am 'too young' to stay in on my own for 5 days. I don't want to leave the torts in someone elses care- they need quite a bit of supervision and leaving them for 5 days only being checked twice a day is not a good thing! They will die if they get up-turned under their lamp as they can de-hydrate.

Once I mentioned them, I was turned into 'the selfish one that ruined the holiday before it began' - I can't win!!

Now I am being dragged along to a wet, soggy, caravan for five days- starting this Friday.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    P.s... there is no wifi access. :gulp:
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no Josh! I feel your pain, I think sometimes one can be with family too much.

You seem like a very responsible guy and doubt any wilder parties are going to go on while they would be away. I vote that you should be able to stay home on your own. You guys could check with each other.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 134492
    Oh no Josh! I feel your pain, I think sometimes one can be with family too much.

You seem like a very responsible guy and doubt any wilder parties are going to go on while they would be away. I vote that you should be able to stay home on your own. You guys could check with each other.
    That's what I think. Mum says I am being selfish as they want to spend the time together, but recently I've wanted to do anything but! I need some time on my own. I can understand why they are worried but they seem to think by not wanting to go I am ungrateful!

I don't think it's an issue of having a party, but I think it's more of an issue that Mum is worried for me!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    we all had to do things we didnt want to im afraid josh....do you know its wet and soggy sorry mate i wouldnt leave my boy alone at home at that age either
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Aww, Josh

What's happening with your torts then?

You don't have a small tent you could take to put up outside so at least you can get some privacy when you sleep? And NO Wifi access??? *gulp*

Post Thanks / Like
    Will oyu be able to log on with your iphone though

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmmm...tough predicament. :( Any wild chance at all you could bring the torts? Probably not, eh?

If you really want to have a family discussion you could try to do so, no? Ask your parents how many times you've disappointed them with your behavior, judgment calls, etc. Be prepared to hear the answer!

Ask them what their specific fears are for your staying alone and address each one.

Surely they don't want to have the torts endangered, either?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    If it's really about 'being a family together' then it's going to be hard to get out of it. They realize that sooner than later you'll be movin' on. They are holding on tight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 134520
    Hmmmmm...tough predicament. :( Any wild chance at all you could bring the torts? Probably not, eh?

If you really want to have a family discussion you could try to do so, no? Ask your parents how many times you've disappointed them with your behavior, judgment calls, etc. Be prepared to hear the answer!

Ask them what their specific fears are for your staying alone and address each one.

Surely they don't want to have the torts endangered, either?
    Nah, The torts need to have all their lamps etc with them. My aunty, cousin and Mum's friend who lives around the corner can look after the torts okay (I have said they need checking on 3 times a day.. I would ideally like more but I can't ask anyone to put themselves out.) but I think it's such an extra stress on them to look after pets! They simply will not listen to me when I tell them I'll be fine so it does look like I have no choice

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 134519
    Will oyu be able to log on with your iphone though
    I probably can *but* It is pretty 'out-there' so I doubt I'll get any signal!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast