Thread: New Driving Law

Post Thanks / Like
    For those of you who drive when you are in Florida, there is a new law to be enacted very shortly.

When approaching an emergency vehicle that is pulled to the side of the road (police car, ambulance, fire truck, road ranger, unmarked police car, etc...) you MUST move to the further lane (to the left usually) BEFORE reaching the vehicles, allowing the lane closest to them to be free.

Should you be unable to pull to the next lane, leaving the closest lane free you MUST reduce your speed to TWENTY miles below the posted limit.

There have been too many people killed as a result of fast moving vehicles not moving over.

As a rule, I pull to the left (or sometimes the right, depending) when any vehicle is on the shoulder.

They will be ticketing drivers that do not follow this new law.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tink - have to watch out for that one - just about remember to stop for school buses!

Post Thanks / Like
    Got it. Move over and don't run down the stretcher. Check!

Post Thanks / Like
    Move over or slow down. But, when slowing down (in a situation where you can't move over) give a look in the rear view and hope that driver is paying attention. I was nearly run over the other day. Now I give my brakes a few pumps to flash a warning before slowing down fully.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the heads up Tink :thumbs_up:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for telling us Tink, useful info!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 3543
    Move over or slow down. But, when slowing down (in a situation where you can't move over) give a look in the rear view and hope that driver is paying attention. I was nearly run over the other day. Now I give my brakes a few pumps to flash a warning before slowing down fully.
    That's my usual style, Tink! I'm paranoid about being rear-ended again!

Post Thanks / Like
    They are going to catch out thousands of tourists with this....thanks for the warning Tink!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep....thanks Tink. DH does the driving so I have passed it on to him too.