Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flea question!

Post Thanks / Like
    My cat gave birth to 5 beeeautiful kittens last thursday so they are just 6 days old at the moment. Before mum had them i made sure she had been done with her frontline spray as i didnt want them to catch fleas - well, ive just been out chatting to them (as you do!) and noticed a flea on one of them. Im pretty sure that i cant put anything chemical on them at the moment cus they are so little but im also conscious that they are so small and should it get out of hand it could be quite serious.

Soooo, does anyone know of anything i can use on them?

Thank you in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    no but just wanted to say

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooh - hang on, let me see if i can get some on here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Kate

First, we need pics of your lovely kittens!! :)

I really would call your vet for advice. It's highly dangerous to apply anything to little ones without advice, and at that age if there was something to give them they would have to be weighed properly so it was enough to help, and not too much to hurt. Fleas can be very bad for littlies

There is an ace forum www.catchat.org with a forums who have loads of people who know tons about cats! They have a Health section on their forums and they may have better advice However, I suspect they would tell you to contact your vets.

I love kittens!!!! :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Im trying to upload some photos, but its taking a long time thinking about it - i expect itll come back telling me they are too large! I will get some on though, promise!

Deb, thanks for that link - i will have a look at it in just a sec. I know they can be really bad in such tiny kittens, when i got 1 of my cats she was absolutely riddled with them and i thought it was very touch and go. She was treated properly though and i sat for practically 2 days picking them off, it was just awful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Got this message - what did i do wrong?!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 135195
    Im trying to upload some photos, but its taking a long time thinking about it - i expect itll come back telling me they are too large! I will get some on though, promise!

Deb, thanks for that link - i will have a look at it in just a sec. I know they can be really bad in such tiny kittens, when i got 1 of my cats she was absolutely riddled with them and i thought it was very touch and go. She was treated properly though and i sat for practically 2 days picking them off, it was just awful.
    It is awful isn't it? The things we do for our little furry friends! Picking fleas off one at a time Yuk! And ticks! Double yuk!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    But what kind of mummy's would we be to leave them? Actually - as awful as this may sound - i quite enjoy flea picking!
    Ticks are just grim though, we used to live by some lovely fields, but the cats picked them up all the time, bleurgh!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope this works!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Woooooo! I love it when i manage to do things haha!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast