Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats a nice disney restaurant for a special occasion?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

when we're at disney we'll be celebrating our anniversay and a birthday as well we'd like to visit a nice disney restaurant but last time we were there we only went to pizza places

what disneyworld restaurant would you recommend for a special celebration?

Post Thanks / Like
    For a special celebration I ALWAYS recommend Victoria & Albert's. However, it is VERY expensive. For great food at a lower price our favorites are JIKO in the AKL, Citrico's in the GF and the Yachtsman Steak House in the Yacht Club.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the most beautiful and romantic meals we've shared is the Degustation menu at Chefs du France (upstairs in the World Showcase's France pavilion).

The menu was incredible (if you go to our review section, you can read about it there) and came with perfect wine pairings (or not, as you choose).

I think it is one of those semi-hidden gems of Walt Disney World, as most people head for the more well known signature restaurants.

If you want a bit of a unique experience (decor wise anyway) Todd English's BlueZoo is at the Dolphin. It's improved quite a bit since opening, and would be a nice place for a special meal, particularly if you really enjoy seafood, or a raw bar.

Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge offers a very nice menu. It's considered "American" (whatever that is supposed to mean ) with strong presentations of meat and potatoes, but done creatively. If you ask for the corner table (as you enter to the hard right) you'll have a lovely view.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 135543
    One of the most beautiful and romantic meals we've shared is the Degustation menu at Chefs du France (upstairs in the World Showcase's France pavilion).

Uhhh Tink, That would be Bistro de Paris that is upstairs. Chefs de France is the downstairs. And I agree it is great food.

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh right. I always want the Chefs to be upstairs! LOL.

Thanks for the clarification John!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Which is the better more upscale one? bistro or chefs de france?

I agree with all the suggestions especially v&a. Expensive but worth every cent.

I didn't enjoy Citricos although I know a lot of people do. We had some very tasteless salmon there.

I'd definitely add the California Grill at the Contemporary. Even if you dont get a window seat to see the fireworks, it's worth it just for the atmosphere
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 135572
    Which is the better more upscale one? bistro or chefs de france?

I agree with all the suggestions especially v&a. Expensive but worth every cent.

I didn't enjoy Citricos although I know a lot of people do. We had some very tasteless salmon there.

I'd definitely add the California Grill at the Contemporary. Even if you dont get a window seat to see the fireworks, it's worth it just for the atmosphere
    Bistro Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    The Bistro is upstairs and is the more upscale/gourmet restaurant.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    we LOVED Bistro de Paris...

The place if beautiful, you have amazing views of the Lagoon and other showcase countries, the food is delicious and the waiters, at least when we were there, we really nice...

IT is a bit more expensive, but not a smuch as you may think, and the food is REALLY worth it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast