Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to get internet access at disney?

Post Thanks / Like
    hiya

is there internet access at all the disney parks and hotels without the need for a laptop?

when we're at disney we would like to at least check our email and perhaps check on this forum if we need more help

someone said there were special internet terminals around disney that could be used?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm...you know? I think there may be some access at Innovations in EPCOT, but I'm totally unware of any other. Doesn't mean it's not there, only that I'm not familiar with it.

I've not seen a public use place (like you do in some hotels) for internet access in any Disney resort.

I take the laptop and an aircard, so that's not much help to you, eh?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    yep Tink's correct.

There used to be public access Internet kiosks dotted around the parks, resorts and downtown disney but they were removed some years ago :(

Getting on the Internet at Disney now means choosing one of the following main options

1. Some hotels, especially deluxe and convention hotels, have business rooms with computers/fax machines, printers and access to the Internet. These can be useful for checking in online for return flights and the like

2. You can get plugged in internet access in Disney hotels and resorts now for $9.95 per 24hours continuous access. Note, if you pay you get the next 24hrs of access and whether you use it or not, it'll expire in 24hrs ( I believe DVC members get it free)

3. some of the common areas around Disney hotels, again, mainly the deluxe resorts, have wifi internet access. You can buy by the hour or again 24hrs of access

It's a shame really because those internet kiosks were pretty handy
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    All of those options at WDW require your own laptop though, eh Keith?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 135631
    All of those options at WDW require your own laptop though, eh Keith?
    except the business suite one I think. I'm pretty sure that hotels with those business rooms have pcs in there OR you can use your own laptop

Post Thanks / Like
    Of course there`s always the internet cafe area on the DCL ships!

Post Thanks / Like
    Does that area allow you to use your own laptop and aircard, Slowhand or do you have to pay for their access (wifi??)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 135735
    Does that area allow you to use your own laptop and aircard, Slowhand or do you have to pay for their access (wifi??)?
    Sorry, I dunno Tink.
    As I don`t [yet] own a laptop, I`ve only used the pcs which are on board the ship.
    They do have internet access points in the staterooms but I doubt whether you can do as you say and get "free" access. The chances are that you will be charged the same [or a greater ] rate than in the resort hotels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 135746
    They do have internet access points in the staterooms but I doubt whether you can do as you say and get "free" access. The chances are that you will be charged the same [or a greater ] rate than in the resort hotels.
    ooo I didn't realise they had access points in the staterooms! mmmm that's interesting. Back to cruise planning :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 135748
    Back to cruise planning :D
    Go for it Keith. You know it makes sense!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast