Grapefruit Gimlet:
    Makes 2

1/4 cup Charbay Ruby Red Grapefruit Vodka
    1/4 cup vodka
    1/4 cup fresh lime juice
    2 tablespoons simple syrup
    Ice cubes
    2 lime slices

Place first 4 ingredients in cocktail shaker; fill with ice. Cover and shake quickly and vigorously for 8 seconds. Strain into 2 Martini glasses. Garnish with lime slices.

To prepare the Simple Syrup
    Stir 2 table spoons sugar and 2 tablesoons water in small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil; cool

A larger quantity of the simple syrup can be made by increasing the amounts of sugar and water used. Just keep the proportions equal and store in refrigerator after cooling.

So, does that sound like a refreshing after dinner, start the weekend libation? :D :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Its 6;31 here, i like the sound of this drink, i am at the moment drinking a nice glass of Archers on ice.
    xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I hope someone tries it to tell me if it is as good as it sounds! :D It's from my newest issue of bon appetit. I was reading it and thought it sounded good enough to share! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Just for you, Tink...you know me...I'm not a big drinker...but just for you, because we're friends...I'll try it

Post Thanks / Like
    yum!

that sounds very very nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Becca!!!! You are SUCH a love! That's true friendship folks! Throwing herself on the vodka bottle just for me!!!

Do let me know how it goes, eh? I'm hoping it's tart and not too sweet. (One of these days I'll do my own taste testing, but not quite yet).

Post Thanks / Like
    Anything for a friend, my dear...anything (so long as it involves vodka )

Post Thanks / Like
    Like Jimmy says : It's always five o'clock in Margaritaville!

I will be having a few cans of "swing oil" as my friend refers to lager. We have a golf mixer this evening...

Did come across a recipie for my favorite boat drink...(can't you just hear Jimmy singing it?) The Coco Loco

1 oz dark run
    1 oz light rum
    1/2 oz vodka
    1/2 oz creme de bananes
    1/2 oz pineapple juice
    1/2 oz coconut cream
    1/2 oz sugar syrup

Pour the rums, vodka, creme de bananes, pineapple juice, coconut cream and sugar syrup into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well, and strain into a chilled highball glass. Garnish with a pineapple wedge, and serve.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well now! That's one FANCY drink there Sirrah! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Sign me up! I'll take one of each! I do have to take Arthur to the vet, but when I get home, I hope they are waiting for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast