Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Motivation

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there

I have a weighty issue with which I need some assistance - I could do with losing a few pounds. I know all of the theory - eat less and do more excercise.

Seeing as we are making a new start here I thought maybe someone could offer some motivational tips - or should I just borrow some Tony Robbins tapes? :hippo5:

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny you should bring this up. :D

I've just had a doctor visit and she's advised me to try yet another weight loss approach. I've some metabolic issues that apparently are making it quite difficult for me to lose the weight that I must.

It's called Medifast and is a meal replacement program. I'm going to give it a go, as I figure it just might work. It's a no brainer and doesn't involve a lot of interaction with your food, which is my problem. I love to cook and one thing leads to another.

So, with this plan, I just open a packet, eat the contents and get on with my day. You need to see your doctor first though, as it's quite low calorie. It's a glycemic index approach and you eat something every 2-3 hours.

Motivation for me? Health and mobility. :sigh;

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Adrian has just lost about 15lbs by buying using the wii fit.

Post Thanks / Like
    hey ieuanr! great minds think alike

i was going to post on here about my diet....i lost 2 stones last year which took me over 8 months, i put them all back on again over a period of around 3 months. How silly am I?

it's not the first time i've done that though i must admit.

anyway, i went to slimming club yesterday and have lost my first 1lb of many (fingers crossed) but i soooo fancied an indian takeaway tonight that I had one, i have been excellent all day though and will be now for the rest of the week....

My motivation is the same as Tinks, i also want to be able to buy clothes that actually fit nicely.

Weight is a *very* emotional issue......it helps to chat to others who feel the same way you do, you know they understand what you're going through.

i go to a slimming club once a week - i always managed to lose it on my own before, but need the support from the group now.

i don't have any motivational tips to offer but i'll often be here for a chat if it'll help

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 3563
    Adrian has just lost about 15lbs by buying using the wii fit.

wow that's brilliant - we got DS a wii for his 13th birthday last August, then he sold it in Feb as he didn't really use it ~ couldn't believe it when we saw the wii fit advertised afterwards :mad:

Post Thanks / Like
    mumof2, it's good to have another person doing the same thing! :D I've not received my start up kit yet, but it should arrive sometime next week.

This week I'm aiming for eating healthy, watching portion size and drinking enough water to float a yacht. :sigh;

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    oh Tink, it's so hard sometimes isn't it.

the only way I'll ever shift any of this excess is if *I* do something about it ~ I've made all the excuses I can think of now...

I rejoined my gym a couple of months back and started going 3-4 times a week - phew, that was HARD! I hurt my back a few weeks back and have had problems with my legs but they're passing now so I hope to get back there with a vengeance....if i can just find the energy

Post Thanks / Like
    It is very hard. :( I have to lose some weight before I can even somewhat comfortably exercise. :( I love to walk, but even that has fallen by the wayside. The doc says this new (although it is over 20 years old) approach will help me lose weight fast and then I can step back into the exercise regime.

One saving grace for me is that I do have the pool. I can do water aerobics and the like. I could swim if it weren't for my miserable shoulder. :( See? I have an excuse for everything. :sigh;

Post Thanks / Like
    I have found that cutting as many carbs out as possible is helping me.

I also drink nothing but water.No tea or coffee or alcohol!!!

Loads of salad and the gym 3 or 4 times a week.

I've lost nearly a stone in a month but it's just not shifting at the moment.
    The weight isn't going down but i seem to be toning up as i can fit into some clothes that i haven't worn for ages.

Good luck everyone.

My motivation is my countdown!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 3604
    It is very hard. :( I have to lose some weight before I can even somewhat comfortably exercise. :( I love to walk, but even that has fallen by the wayside. The doc says this new (although it is over 20 years old) approach will help me lose weight fast and then I can step back into the exercise regime.

One saving grace for me is that I do have the pool. I can do water aerobics and the like. I could swim if it weren't for my miserable shoulder. :( See? I have an excuse for everything. :sigh;
    come on, chin up....we'll get there

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast