Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Motivation

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes! We will! Didn't mean to be all flummpy and depressing! One step at a time.

DizneyBlonde, that is part of this medifast plan, low carbs. I have to be careful with salad though. I have thyroid issues and lettuce can hold ground water chemicals that slow down the thyroid and that is the LAST thing I need!

I eat it at home when I am assured the ingredients are organic, but not out because I can never be sure.

I'm looking forward to just being a bit more comfortable!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We're here wit you all the way Tink.

We can support each other.X

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done everyone - at least we can chat to each other about it.

Dawn that is pretty impressive from Adrian - we got a Wii fit and it certainly improved my balance but we haven't used it for a while so Diane has sold it to her sister!

Come on then Tink let's give it a go. Are medifast actual meals or liquid things like slimfilth? I am just going to eat small quantities of healthy stuff such as salad - I've started eating fish (which is a big deal for me!) I shall try to eat more fruit and drink a vast quantity of water.

I've been out and weeded the front garden.

I thought just this morning that I need to lose a few pounds before I start excercising seriously - but I fear this may be a delay tactic (in my case)

I feel more motivated already! Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, there are shakes, puddings, oatmeal, soups, ... can't remember the rest. You have one "real meal" a day, called lean and green. You choose a lean protien and something from the veggies list.

I'm truly willing to give it a go, especially as she calls it a rapid weight loss program. If I could just get started losing. I know that once the weight starts to come off (even a small amount, but regularly) that will keep me going.

I've done it before, but it seems like it's much harder this time!

I never had a single weigh problem until I hit the mid forties. :sigh; Now it's a major health issue.

So! We fix it, eh?! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, we can fix it - no worries! I mean if I can eat fish anythings possible - right?

Post Thanks / Like
    So far I have lost 53lb since Jan 19th by counting calories. You need to start of by finding out your Basel Metabolic Rate. This will tell you how many calories you use on a daily basis just to live. By subtracting 3,500 calories from that figure (3,500 calories equals 1lb of fat) and only consuming that amount of calories you will, in theory lose 1lb. By adding exercise into the equation you can increase your calorie intake but still lose that 1lb. For a 2lb a week loss you will need a deficit of 7,000 calories per week.

The other secret to success is to consume a minimum of 2L of water a day to keep your metabolism going at a good rate, thus burning more calories than you otherwise would!

If you do a search on BMR you'll find a few sites that will work out your rate for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Ieuan! I was surprised to see that you are eating fish!

Claire, that is a wonderful accomplishment! :smiley4:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 3662
    Yes, Ieuan! I was surprised to see that you are eating fish!

Claire, that is a wonderful accomplishment! :smiley4:
    Thank you Tink. It was a turning 40 kind of thing that spurred me on. I've got another 45lb plus to shift yet though!

Post Thanks / Like
    What is it with turning forty for some of us? :dozey:

My doc once said, "you didn't wake up fat." I replied, "Oh Yes I DID! Everything was fine until one morning in my forties I woke up and I was fat!"

It really did seem that way too. Came on wicked fast. Lost some, and then put it back with more and that is where I am now. Hoping to lose all and end up with better metabolism, health and "numbers."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast