Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Motivation

Post Thanks / Like
    Another one working on healthy! And trying to get my exercise program back in gear. It went south after injuring both legs in December (temporary, thankfully!) and a couple more injuries relating back to the December injury. *sigh*

I just managed to start walking regularly in the morning when summer arrived. It's already 90 degrees at 5:00 a.m. lately--not overly enthused about outdoor exercise! It's difficult enough just taking care of the yard and pool! *LOL*

I don't weight myself regularly--just base things on how my clothes are fitting. And they're a shade looser than two weeks ago, so I'm going in the right direction. Slowly!

Definitely can relate to the 40s thing. Mine was late 40s--didn't take care of myself while taking care of others. Dumb! :)

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't have a scale where I can get to it. If I do I go from weighing myself once a week...to 2xs a week...to everyday...then everytime I drink or eat something....the last time my husband took the scale away and hid it....he realized i was waking up every 20 mins at night and weighing myself....so I go by clothing size. And no..I'm dead serious about the scale thing...it got to the point where i was scared to eat or drink anything...

I lost 42lbs with weight watchers...went once a week to meetings...then this new lady started weighing ppl in. I had just gotten out of the hospital because of a kidney stone...was in there for 3 days on IVs....of course i put on weight....wasn't bad enough I gained 8lbsin those few days but she had to yell at the top of her lungs. embarrassed doesn't even cover it. I went back a few more weeks...tried to tough it out...lost a puond here and there...periods started...hello weight gain...yelled at again....the meeting leader did nothing about it. so I left....alittle over 2 yrs now. Gained all 42lbs back...but happily no more. lately I've noticed the clothes fitting a little more loosely.

just cutting the carbs...and when i do eat them it's high fiber and just enough to feel satisfied...groceries are getting so dang expensive that we have had to put some carbs back in to make food stretch.

But i want to drop some weight before the next trip...2 years as ya'll can see lol...not looking to lose alot...just want to be comfortable...lately not feeling too comfortable lol...so yeah...I'm in on this thread if it's ok :)
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 3563
    Adrian has just lost about 15lbs by buying using the wii fit.
    Wow! really!

Post Thanks / Like
    Of course it's ok that you are in on this thread! I would have died if someone did that to me. My doc originally talked about WW, but I told her the public weigh thing was not going to work for me. Waaaaay to embarrassing.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    it was great until that lady came...they never say outloud how your weigh in went...but the meeting leader gives out goal awards and such...it was great for the self esteem...but then that woman showed up. I know alot of ppl changed locations becasue of her....I just can't bring myself to face any of them...it's too embarrassing.

But I'm good with support this way :) so Bring on the weight loss :)
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 3622
    Yes! We will! Didn't mean to be all flummpy and depressing!
    Tink, you weren't being flummpy (i love that word!) and depressing at all

Quote Originally Posted by ieuanr, post: 3628
    I thought just this morning that I need to lose a few pounds before I start excercising seriously - but I fear this may be a delay tactic (in my case)
    delaying tactic? noooo

Quote Originally Posted by Claire, post: 3658
    So far I have lost 53lb since Jan 19th
    that's fantastic Claire - well done you! :bravo1:

isn't it great to know there are enough of us in the same situation to be able to help each other out? :D

what do all think - should we start a 'slimmers' social group?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes indeedy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepinCatz, post: 3983
    Yes indeedy!

done! come and join me over there!

http://wdisneysecrets.com/forums/group.php?groupid=3

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I've had an issue with my weight...and it's been since I started being perimenopausal. Yes, it's that 10 lbs that women get during that unpleasant time in their lives. I can't seem to get it OFF!!!! I've tried several things...so at least I haven't gone over that 10 lb limit (GRRRRRR) but my pants are a bit snug and very uncomfortable. I'm just a bit vain to go to the store and purchase larger pants...is that insane or what!

I've cut out sodas, but I never really drank that many to begin with. MY downfall is potatoes and bread. I don't eat many sweets or cookies or cakes or such. I've gone to fruits and raw veggies to snack on and I'm trying to do the eat many small meals during the day instead of 3 big meals. Seems to work ok, but I'm not loosing anything. This is SO depressing. But I'm going to do this!!!!
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's horrid, isn't it Bev? :sigh; Sometimes the smaller amounts are the most difficult to get rid of. :sigh;

Shall we join the slimmers group? Can't hurt to have support from friends! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast