Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh my gosh

Post Thanks / Like
    It is just pouring, lashing down rain again. I know this is going to cause more flooding. :(

I feel terrible for those folks visiting Disney. This is a major holiday weekend, and the weather is absolutely terrible. Unfortunately, the forecast is NOT for the better. :(

Be glad you aren't here this weekend, folks.

It's not three pm yet, and I have to have the lights on to see, it's so dark. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Ironic that we are forecast better weather than Spain for this weekend Tink. Can't be very often we fare better than you huh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Poor Tinker!

Post Thanks / Like
    We have had a whole week of THAT weather.... maybe its now heading your way...

I hope the weather improves, its no fun when it rains all day

Post Thanks / Like
    I just heard from Johnie (and PA) she said the same thing...she said it was TORRENTIAL there....they are currently taking shelter in the Tiki Room.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh. I forgot they were here.

I've been stuck in three weeks of this mess. :( Two of them in SC, partial in VA and now finishing it up here.

Stuck in the Tikki Room is about right. It's lessening up a bit, but still rumbling and lightning. I'm north of WDW, so things may be a bit different (YIKES!!! LOUD ONE THERE) here... you know, Florida. It can be raining on one side of the road and dry on the other.

I really thought we might nip off to WDW this weekend with Seth, but that's not likely. At the risk of sounding too pathetic for words, the damp and cold really bothers my shoulder/arm so I'd be useless (and miserable). Phooey!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 135847
    I just heard from Johnie (and PA) she said the same thing...she said it was TORRENTIAL there....they are currently taking shelter in the Tiki Room.
    Oh terrible! I guess there are worse places to seek shelter! I would hate to be in the Swiss Family Robinson's treehouse.

Only upside is that Florida was in dire need of rain wasn't it Tink?

Does this event officially end the drought?

Post Thanks / Like
    It should, given the flooding that is not happening. When we returned from VA on Tuesday we knew something was "up" as the roadsides were all filled in with water. Not to mention our pool at the brink (literally) of overflowing. Herself has taken the pool down twice since our return, and will have to do it again tonight, I'm sure.

The roses love it though. :) The 'matoes not so much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely don't miss those down pours....it's like the sky opens up and DUMPS water on you.

More than once I have shelted myself with the TTA (isn't that the initals or is TAT...) any way, you guys know what I mean. Sheesh

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. The TTA. That's what's happening here, Billie. Torrential downpours with thunder and lightning, lessening to steady rain, then back to the stormy stuff.

The sort of day where you just give up and get back in bed. :(

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast