Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Oh my gosh

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 136034
    Sure I'll share the recipe. It's a oooooold one. Used to be called Cornell Sauce by the old folks. I was given the recipe by a very old woman that I once knew.

Here it is:

1 egg beaten until foamy
    Add very slowly as you beat, 1 cup olive oil (you can use other oils, but we only like olive oil). It should act like mayonnaise-be thick and creamy.
    Add 1 tablespoon each of ground black pepper, salt, and poultry seasoning. (The original recipe called for FOUR tablespoons of salt, but we cut it back to one without any damage to the flavor or performance).
    To the thickened sauce add 1 pint (2 cups) apple cider vinegar.

Baste the chicken as it cooks slowly over the fire (charcoal, gas, wood...). The sauce will keep it very moist, and with cooking turn it a golden brown (and crispy skin).

Hope you get a chance to try it!
    Oh, I meant to ask Tink. Why Cornell sauce? Or is it just one of those names that comes from nowhere in particular?

Post Thanks / Like
    hurrah - sunshine!! i suspect it may have been encouraged by that little ray of sunshine that's staying with you

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's Cornell Sauce because it may have come from Cornell (the university) back in the day.

The sun is desperately trying to retain its foothold, but the black clouds are very aggressive and pushy.

Our Seth is working with Herself right now, learning to spell his full name on the computer. We're still convinced there are learning issues there, but he sure tries.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope the weather gets better for you - but i'm sure you will still have a great time with Seth xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink, so sorry to hear about your old friend.

Glad to hear that Seth and is Da arrived safely though. We are here in No. FL being inundated with rain ourselves. Beginning to look like the golf clubs will stay in the car.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    We drove through it yesterday ... looked real bad, dark clouds in the horizon . We decided to go straight to the airport rather than go to Epcot .
    We had two days of rain showers while at WDW and it rained in the morning while at Nassau and Castaway Cay, but lucky for us, it cleared up .

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry to hear about your friend, Tink. Friends are friends, regardless how frequently you communicate.

And so glad everyone is safe.

for good weather for everyone. Hope Seth is able to visit WDW this trip! :)

Post Thanks / Like
    It poured with lightning and thunder again tonight. Our Seth isn't getting to WDW this time. :( No sense in taking the child out in the bad weather. We get to go often enough when it's good, eh?

Thank you all for your kindnesses about my friend. It's still hard for me to get used to-her being gone. :(

John, I'd forgotten you were here now. Keep a sharp eye out "up there." There have been tornado warnings for that area, and the rumor of one touching down. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345