Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arthur's at the vets

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad he's eating something Billie, even if it's just a little ham. If he has his cone on he'll be fine - he'll probably sleep his way through you being gone, with the after effects of the anaesthetic, his body recuperating and the stress he's been through. It'll probably be worse for you than for him

The groomer I first used for Sorrel was at the vets too, and she was great. Since I've moved to a different part of the country I haven't really managed to find one I trust totally. It's so tough as every time you try a new one you're worried it's going to be yet another bad experience. It would be easier if vets would recommend one but over here they're not really allowed to As Sorrel has a real fear of boarding kennels the larger ones aren't an option either.

Post Thanks / Like
    There's a similar issue here. The vet doesn't endorse anyone so they kind of just look at you with a blank look. I plan to ask the front ladies at the vet's office and see if they have heard about any good experiences anywhere.

This soooo makes me miss my old vet and groomer, and really the entire staff. I trusted them explicitedly.

And here I thought I had anxiety about it before. Like you Deb, I will be worried that we'll have another bad experience

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad he came through all right. They are as much a part of us as any family member aren't they!!It's not uncommon for them not to want to eat much for the first 24 - 36 hours, as long as they are drinking. My poor baby this past Feb, came down with Horners Syndrome and scared the --- out of me!! I knew it existed in humans but had not heard of it in dogs before. Give him lots of hugs and kisses!! Trish

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no, thats just awful, poor arthur! poor sorrell to!
    I hope that the groomers will pay - was it very expensive?

Post Thanks / Like
    Billiefurry or non furry he is family. I am so sorry that you have both had to go through this. I hope he recovers well and starts to eat some more.
    Your heart breaks in those pictures.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I was gone a lot of the day and thought of him a lot and wished that I had stayed home with him. But I am hoping he rested. I gave him some more ham this evening. I also have someone visiting and unfortunately he spends more time watching them than thinking about food. He seems to be a little more aware today.

The vet cost about 300. They paid for all of it. Got a call from the manager of the grooming area. I wont go too much into the detail of the call, but it did have some excuses running through it. While I was offered a free session I will never go there again.

Arthur would likely be even more shook up if I don't him back the same place and they have lost any confidence I had in them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Excuses?! What excuses could they have - doesnt matter if Arthur wriggled, they still did it to him!
    Dont blame you for not going back to them

Post Thanks / Like
    There are no excuses. Dogs are going to wiggle and move. The groomer is responsible for knowing how to manage that without injuring the dog. Period.

A free session? As if. I hope he's feeling a little better today? Those cone things look so uncomfortable. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG :( Poor little thing XXXXXXXXXX Get well soon X

Post Thanks / Like
    Billie, I know it's a bit of a drive, but I have the best place here in town that I've always used for our dogs. Not once has any dog we've ever had for the last 15 years ever had a cut or nick or anything horrible like what happened to Arthur!!! You can come hang out here while they're grooming him and we can talk Disney :D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast