Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had to share - I was in the MK parade!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wanted to tell you all on the day, but I was on my laptop and don't have all my links there

So on 12th May, DH and I wandered over to a guy on Main Street, having just missed rope drop (again!), and chatted with him while looking at his pins. 5 minutes later we are to report back to him that afternoon and be Grand Marshals in the parade!!!!!!

There are not words to describe my emotions. I cried when he asked us, spent the whole day in a daze, and enjoyed every minute of the prarade. It was just incredible, to see all those smiling faces, waving hands and OMG how many cameras pointing at me (and I haven't done my hair today!!!!!). Panic over on how I look, I go with how I feel and wave at every small child I can see who looks a little tired or hot, shout congratulations to everyone in wedding ears, make sure to give a special wave to the people from 'Make a Wish' (hope that's right?) and then enjoy travelling up Main Street, in front of the castle, throuhg Frontierland, and then stading in our special viewing area, with our special ears on! It was so wonderful - a truly once in a lifetime happening!

Main reason for the thread - not only to share with you, but to ask was anyone there that day? Did you see us? Did you maybe snap a photo of the Grand Marshal's car? If so, please let me know. DH and I were in the back seats with the permanently fixed grins!

Jackie
    Jackie

Post Thanks / Like
    OH MY GOSH!!!! :9: :9: :9: You must have been SO excited!!! How wonderful to be the Grand Marshals and be able to share your joy with all those viewing the parade!

We weren't there, :( but I sure hope some here were able to share the time with you!!!

Thank you for letting us know. How was the rest of your holiday?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    oh wowee! I can feel your excitement from here!!

how wonderful for you - what a fantastic memory to treasure!

Post Thanks / Like
    We can share your joy with you. This happened to us in 2001, on our oldest granddaughter's birthday. She turned 9 that day.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    What a wonderful surprise for you! I hope someone does have it captured on camera.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    wow how cool is that :D
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    how do you get picked to be in the parades?

Post Thanks / Like
    Truly just luck of the draw. The CMs responsible for choosing the Grand Marshalls just sort of zero in on a likely group/couple and interact with them for a couple of minutes, then invite them to be in the parade.

There really isn't anything involved other than good old Lady Luck! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luvthemansion, post: 136635
    how do you get picked to be in the parades?
    We were waiting in line for a photo with Mickey.... trying to take our own photo while waiting in line and having hysterics at the results! A CM came along and invited us to be in the parade. It would have been rude not to!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast