Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a quickie...

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG It is sooooooooo hot here I am melting. I have a heat rash on my right hand and wrist... and just burning my lil pale pink skin everywhere. I am using factor 50 but OMG it is so hot and gone really brown just after a week, DH is unrecognisable he's so dark now lol. Have to say... we had the BEST Virgin flight crew coming over ever. Very camp and funny and when we got off I made a point of thanking Richard personally... he was just absolutely lovely and he gave me a big hug and a kiss. Saw him after we'd gone through customs and he shouted to me... oh god are you causing trouble again... lol. He was funny... the fist class seats were all empty, the ones just in front of us so we asked him if we could sit in them, unfortunately we couldn't, he said we'd have to pay to upgrade.. so Natalie says... How much are they? because she was seriously thinking of it, so Richard says 1,200 and then he waited and waited for the penny to drop and when Natalie got it and gasped he fell about laughing at exactly the same time as me lol because we were both waiting for this gasp of horror lol. Oh and I can't find the paragraph button on this pc so there will be no paragraphs lol. DH had us and the maid in fits the other day... he called reception to tell them the tv in our room wasn't working, it had been but all of a sudden it wasn't... so maintenance man came while the maid was at the door and he flicked on a switch by our bed and the tv came on lol. WELL? How were we to know... stupid place to put a bliddy switch.... Once we'd all picked ourselves up off the floor from laughing so hard we got to watch some news lol. Got some other funnies for you but you gotta wait lol. Remind me to tell you about the taxi ride and the coconut.... Ta ta for now XXXXX Love and snoggles X

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! It's GREAT to hear from you!!! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. The sun is fierce! I so hope you don't burn yourself badly and end up with blisters. :(

Take care now and be sure to take notes so you remember all the good bits to tell us! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Now you take care of yourself and watch that heat....just maybe you are feeling the same heat as your crayons.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh Helly, I can't *wait* to hear all about it! you just be careful now in that sun, and have a fabulous time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 136143
    Now you take care of yourself and watch that heat....just maybe you are feeling the same heat as your crayons.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's just after 7am here... came in here to escape the heat cos this room is all cool and air conned. Our room is too but while the sleepy heads are sleeping the air con is not so cool, so got to wait until they wake up before it can be put right down again. It causes snuffly heads if it's too cold during the night. Well the mozzie bite count for me is only two! yes! TWO! which is a flippin' miracle for me, usually have about 15 bites by now, it's a mystery to me why I only have two so far. DD seems to be getting bitten this time around. The heat rash on the hands is terribly itchy :( so am going to keep cool today and stay out of the sun and heat. It is pie buffet lunch today with a steel band while we eat so that should be good. It's a very religious country here and very Olde English feel to it, well of course the history is English and every day at 4pm we have High Tea served by the Hotel which is nice. Loving the people here... Natalie has made loads of girly friends over the road where the shopkeepers are... they sit outside and natter and she joins them, they invite her over and like her company lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ach. Your poor hands. Nothing much worse than itchies in the heat!

Religious? Huh. I didn't realize that, but then we weren't on Barbados for long.

Seen any monkeys yet? :9: :D

Stay cool!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    No not seen any and not seen any hummingbirds either :( Seen loads of kittens though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Will you bring the kittens home?

Post Thanks / Like
    Kittens? Huh. Might be why you aren't seeing any hummingbirds!

Are you going on any tours of the island? You'd see some monkeys then, by Jimminy! :D :D Maybe even a hummingbird or two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast