Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just saying hello.
    Booked Orlando for next year..now working on the itinerary...best days of the week to do things, fast pass advice etc...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scarey, post: 136285
    Just saying hello.
    Booked Orlando for next year..now working on the itinerary...best days of the week to do things, fast pass advice etc...
    WELCOME

What month are you going?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi scarey

Post Thanks / Like
    and welcome to Secrets.
    We'd love to help you plan your trip Any questions you have, just post in the appropriate forum for the maximum replies.

Have you been to WDW in the past Scarey?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Scarey!!! Welcome to Disney Secrets! :9:

Fast Pass advice. USE IT! :D :D Much of the advice that will help you will depend upon when you are going, where you are staying and if you have your own transport or not.

So! Come along and share your info with us and we'll be happy to share our Secrets with you! :D :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We will be going at the end of March-early April.
    11 days in total...staying at the World Quest Resort.

We ahve done Eurodis a few times, but never Orlando.
    The boys have never beed to the USA before.

Seaworld, Dis Cove and Space Kennedy are all musts as well as Disney.
    What about Aqauatica....boys are 8 and 6...good swimmers for their ages.
    How much rest should I factor in to a Trans -Atlantic Jet lag with kids?

Hired a car so we can be quite independent!

Scarey

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a great time to be here for the first time. It won't be too wicked hot, but shouldn't be too cold or rainy either.

I don't know the World Quest resort.

If the boys have never been before, prepare them for a huge place. Disney alone is four separate parks!

Having your own car is excellent. You can come and go as you please and may even squeeze in some time to visit the many malls and outlets in the area. It will also give you the chance to have some lovely offsite dinners. I'm kind of grumpy about Disney dining options right now, so am not the best to talk about that!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Disney Secrets, scarey!

My advice is to prepare well before your WDW visit. It will involve a lot of walking. So if the family doesn't walk regularly (like yours truly--my job requires a lot of sitting!), start a walking program at least two or three months before your WDW visit. And take two pairs of good walking shoes for each family member. The type depends on each individual.

And, yep! Use Fastpass when possible at WDW! :)

You and your family are going to have a wonderful holiday! :D

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure I know who you are I am sure there is everything you will need on here to plan the perfect trip.

Reading a few of the trip reports can help give a sense of what you can do each day - I am still halfway through writing up our Feb trip

My tips would be

1. don't try and do it all you will wear yourself out and actually have less fun

2. I know its going to be a surprise for the boys but it might be an idea to let them know sometime in advance so they can pick the things they really want to do

3, Take some time to relax, it is a holiday after all and you will be amazed how much walking you do - weariness leads to grumpiness very quickly.
    4. if there are any meals you really want to do make sure you book them a long time in advance as now disney sells dining plans restaurants book up early.

The jetlag isn't so much of an issue with boys your age going out you just won't be able to do anything really on the day you travel other than get to your accommodation by the time you are in and unpacked it will probably be in the small hours uk time - you will then crash and wake up at ridiculous o'clock in the morning the next day.

Stay and play on the site and ask as many questions as you can think of....

enjoy the planning it is one of my favourite bits :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast