Thread: things to do at the studios?

Post Thanks / Like
    Heya apologies if this sounds weird but weve never got on with mgm, just never found anything to do there. Even the parade seems to lack the excitement of the magic kingdom ones

What's good at disney studios that we're missing? I'd really like to try it again next time

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm not the best person to answer this as it's our least favorite park.

However, we do go from time to time for specific reasons. For instance, we'll be going in two weeks when relatives are visiting. They want to do Star Wars Weekend, so we'll do it with them. We also visit for the Spectacle of Lights at Christmas time. Quite an amazing display.

We like the Motorcar stunt show. We like Star Tours. Yeah, I know it's old and crickety but we still find it fun. We've done Indiana Jones, the Back Lot Tour, the Muppet 3D movie... Hunchback was nice but it's over now.

It's usually only a 1/2 day park for us.

Now, there is Tower of Terror (did it, and WON'T be doing it again! ) and Rockin' Roller coaster which we won't do. If you like thrill type rides, you'll like these two.

Fantasmic is the huge evening show. Loads of folks just love it. We've only seen it once, and that was years ago. Wasn't all that thrilled with it (plus it's just too darn LOUD) but we are the exception to the rule on that one.

Never have "dined" in DHS so can't recommend any of the restaurants there. Would like to try one or two, but again it's not a huge desire. Would never go to 50's Prime Time Cafe as we absolutely do not do interaction with the servers as they do there.

See? We're weenies!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    My least favourite park too. However, I would have to pay a visit each trip for Fantasmic, Lights Motors Action, Beauty & the Beast.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Fantasmic, Beauty and the Beast, Tower of Terror and Rockin' Rollercoaster.

I also love the villian shop there. The Toy Story ride is new, and have not been able to try it, but would love to.

Also like the Chinese Theater ride, can't think of the name, sheesh.

I pass on the cars show, star tours, and the backlot tour.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 136656
    Also like the Chinese Theater ride, can't think of the name, sheesh.
    Ahh.... the Great Movie Ride!

One of our favorites when we want to get out of the sun and relax.

The rest of the park everybody has already covered. Ohhh... except for the "American Idol Experience". It replaced "Who wants to be a Millionaire - Play It!". Haven't tried the Idol Experience yet but we used to love Millionaire.

Tom (... does it help?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 136657
    The rest of the park everybody has already covered. Ohhh... except for the "American Idol Experience". It replaced "Who wants to be a Millionaire - Play It!". Haven't tried the Idol Experience yet but we used to love Millionaire.

Tom (... does it help?)
    Forgot about that Tom....I'm looking forward to seeing it for the first time

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes! The Great Movie Ride, thanks tom. :)

I miss Millionaire, it was so much fun. I'm not an Idol fan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster.... I think these are the 2 best rides in Disney! (for adults who like the roller coaster thrill)

Fantasmic is AMAZING!

Muppets 3D is super cute!