Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Butterfly - a sign?

Post Thanks / Like
    Looong story but the oddest thing happened today.

i was in the living room with DH and DS14 when an orange and black butterfly (a Monarch i believe) landed on the window - the actual glass, which I thought rather strange.

We'd all noticed it and i told them how i'd read somewhere that when somebody dies a butterfly can appear to those left behind....we all thought about it for a while then I called DS9 in to look at the butterfly and tell him the tale too.

When he came in we couldn't see it and i was a little disappointed so told him to pop out the front door in case it was on the frame where we coudln't see it - well blow me, there it was!

As soon as we'd seen it, it took flight but instead of flying away that little thing hung around the front garden and started fluttering around the boys....how odd!

Well that was it, we decided then that it was Nanny Win for sure coming to say goodbye! She was almost playing with DS9, and when he went out on his bike with his friend he said the butterfly was still flying around!

Later in the day we called to to see my in-laws and told MIL what had happened and she was rather taken with the idea it could have been her Mum.

Well, some time after we'd arrived back home MIL called and asked what colour the butterfly was so I told her - guess what - she had an orange and black butterfly on her flowers in the garden where she's never seen one land before! Now my MIL spend a *lot* of time in her garden so if she says she's never seen one there before then I believe her.

coincidence, or Nanny Win?

Post Thanks / Like
    I definatley think it was her way of watching over you!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I really do believe in signs!!!

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

How lovely!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    The story gave me chills. I am one of those to believe it was her.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would bore you to tears if I tried to explain my belief in the order of the universe. I will say this. Spirit is energy. Energy does not leave this world. Every single thing in this universe is connected. We are not intelligent enough to understand, nor know all of those connections.

The butterfly? Absolutely. Thank you for sharing it with us Mairead.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 136877
    I would bore you to tears if I tried to explain my belief in the order of the universe. I will say this. Spirit is energy. Energy does not leave this world. Every single thing in this universe is connected. We are not intelligent enough to understand, nor know all of those connections.

The butterfly? Absolutely. Thank you for sharing it with us Mairead.
    You said it better than me Tink. Thank you.

Mairead, I absolutely believe in the "butterfly" thing, as I do about white feathers being signs that your loved ones have visited. How lovely she came back and "did the rounds" with her family, and how lovely that you were alert enough to it to notice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mairead, you'll remember that butterfly for as long as you live.
    I honestly believe I had a sign when Mam died but I didn't believe it until other family members experienced it too.

Post Thanks / Like
    so I'm not crazy then?!

I forgot to say, when she was in my MIL garden she sat there long enough for them to notice her, go indoors to get the camera, then come back out to take a photo of her.

Well, whether it truly was nanny Win or just a coincidence, we all believe it was her. I'm so happy my MIL saw it too as she gained some comfort from it

I'll be looking out for her at her funeral tomorrow.

Diane, would you mind sharing your sign with us or would you rather keep it to yourself? i fully understand if you do so don't feel you *have* to share it

Post Thanks / Like
    Goosebump alert. It was a sign Mairead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast