Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cross and upset!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My neighbours started letting one of my cats into their house, then they started feeding him. I asked them nicely not to do it cus he wasnt coming home anymore, they didnt take any notice. Time drifted on and because of her work they decided to move house. On their moving day (friday) i asked them if they were taking MY cat aswell, she said no. I said if you want to take him then you might aswell because he doesnt see our house as his home anymore - she straight away said yes. This wasnt easy for me - I had had Gus since he was tiny, he came from my sisters cat and i was there when he was born. Now, if it was me then common sense would have said, lets just put him in the spare room so we know where he is, but they didnt and consequently they couldnt find him when they left. I had a note put through my door asking me to contact her if i could find Gus and they would collect him.
    I left it for a couple of days, i wanted to see if Gus would start coming home again after they had moved. He did come home, but he was going for us and biting at every opportunity! I text her and said if you want to collect him then thats fine, hes not happy here. I had a reply saying her husband was in town the next day and would collect him. I didnt see Gus all day, and just before he came to collect him it poured down so he obviously wouldnt have been out!

Anyway, i just got a text which said "as you know i was able to collect Gus today, he is settling in fine. i think he's glad to be here as he's following us around as he did before" This made me really cross!!! He didnt even knock on my door so i could say goodbye - or so that he could say thank you! I text him back and said that i didnt know he had arranged to collect him, it wouldve been nice to have said goodbye to what was once my cat! I still cant believe they just took my boy!!! he did reply and say he was sorry but Gus was making lots of noise so he wanted to go???

Im really quite upset about it tbh. I know i said they could have him but he was still my cat and i would liked to have seen him before he went.

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG! :( That's just not acceptable. I would go and visit and put some fish in my pockets so he followed me back home!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like

Im sorry it came to that, but on the other side, you KNOW you did the best for Gus, and you know he's happy with them....

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes i do, thats what im trying to remind myself!

Post Thanks / Like
    A goodbye should have definitely been in order. I'm sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry this worked out the way it did

Post Thanks / Like
    Ach. I'm sorry your Gus has moved away. :( I don't think the "new" people handled it nicely at all, however you are right to console yourself with the understanding that you have done the very best for Gus.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Aw hun so sorry how things worked out

Nicki

Post Thanks / Like
    Kate l am so sorry. Even though you know you did the right thing your heart must be breaking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    :mad: This really annoys me when people do this - but I'm afraid that is part of the charm and beauty of a cat they are free spirits who chose where to spend their time, a dog you can train but not a cat.

I am sorry for your loss hun, I would write to the lady and , not be nasty but tell her how upset you are that she took him away from you and ask her not to feed other cats that come past her way again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast