Thread: you have to be kidding me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Got a letter in the post this morning from a policy we've been paying for 10 years. It matures on 1st July. It's only a small policy of 30 per month.

We are getting back LESS than what we paid in! We paid in 3600 and are getting back 3002!

Shouls have kept it in a tin under the bed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 137222
    Got a letter in the post this morning from a policy we've been paying for 10 years. It matures on 1st July. It's only a small policy of 30 per month.

We are getting back LESS than what we paid in! We paid in 3600 and are getting back 3002!

Shouls have kept it in a tin under the bed.
    omg thats terrible di.....ive always known insurances to be a rip off and this just goes to prove it

when we had to change from a pension linked mortgage to an endowment one in 1990 when my dad died i found out the the policy wouldnt of paid the sum off, so i paid it off straight away to get rid of the mortgage best thing i ever did i can tell you...ins' = rip off, rip off, rip off
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    we have had the same problem things you thought were worth more end up negative we got a shock when cashing things in to buy the house :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Diane, when isabelle was born we had a check to set up isabelles child trust fund - it was for 250. At that time there werent many places to choose from so we spent a bit of time in choosing what we thought was the best one. Keeping in mind this is supposed to be setting isabelle up for her future. Anyway, we placed it in on and a few months later we received a statement, it was less than what we had put in!!! I was fuming! Apparently they charge you for the pleasure of handling the money, so everytime you put more money in (which they always encourage you to do) they get more because they take a percentage.

Its sooooo wrong - getting all cross again now!

Post Thanks / Like
    thats terrible!!!!

and its unfortunatly no surprise.... :(