Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buffets

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoAlice, post: 6420
    Im spoiled....Ive eaten buffets in Las Vegas....
    yeah thats so true, vegas champagne buffets yum
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink2, post: 6429
    We love Sweet Tomatoes and go to the one off I-Drive a couple of times a trip.

I'm not really keen on Golden Corral but my DS has autism and for quite a few years he had to be able to walk into a restaurant and immediately get a bowl of plain pasta. There would have been no way we'd have been able to sit at a table and wait for a server to take our order and then wait for the food to be delivered. If we wanted to be able to eat out then the buffets were our only answer. Thankfully as he's got older and has got used to the restaurant environment we're able to gradually introduce more non buffet meals, which I'm very pleased about.

We've got a week of free dining in September (just me and the kids) and most of those meals are buffet but that's mainly because of the characters.
    I would say thank God for buffets when it comes to having a child with special needs. I too have been through the 'cant wait' situation so many times due to my ds having Aspergers, so getting in, getting ds fed and getting out again has been very important to us too. And of course there are the characters.
    However you are right folks, there are some awful buffets and hygiene sometimes leaves a lot to be desired.

Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoAlice, post: 6420
    Im spoiled....Ive eaten buffets in Las Vegas....
    Many of the Las Vegas buffets are in a slightly different class, aren't they?

Post Thanks / Like
    Totally...I just cant look at a buffet the same...

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to not like buffets but I do like Sweet Tomatoes and Boma. That's just because they are different than the normal buffet.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    The Executive Chef (Barry) who was our favorite at Cape May left there for Vegas. I would like to see/try the buffets there one day. A friend of mine told me there is one there (of course, there may be more than one) that all you can see are rows and rows of seafood. :D

Different class all together, I'm thinking.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats at the Rio...THE BEST BUFFET EVER....

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    We went to a couple of champagne ones and I thought ok, it's $25 or something, so it'll be one glass of bad champers. Food was great and as it turned out they kept coming over and refilling the glasses with extremely nice champagne. Really amazing value
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes! The Rio! I couldn't remember the name of the place.

Keith, champagne and nice food, doesn't get any better than that, eh? :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoAlice, post: 7272
    Thats at the Rio...THE BEST BUFFET EVER....

It's apparently variable. The time we ate there it was awful! We haven't had the nerve to try it again!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast