Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Buffets

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw a real-life police car chase in Vegas. It was awesome. This car came flying down the strip with 3 police cars in pursuit. Me and a friend were just coming out of Ceasars and it was about 4am. This car pulled into a hotel parking lot opposite and the 3 police cars followed it and for about 20 minutes they just went round and round this lot. Me and my friend were stood in the median watching them in hysterical laughter. Then the police get this idea of blocking off the exits to the lot so they pull across but they didn't pull across far enough and this car got out and sped off down the strip and the police wedged each other in. I swear we were laying in the road laughing by this point.

Post Thanks / Like
    It isn't as bad as it used to be, Tink. But, yeah, they do hand them out--primarily to men, thank goodness! They basically shove them at them.

They aren't permitted to block walkways or crossing areas, although sometimes they try to to so. I just kind of look down my nose at them (difficult at 5'3") and stare them down. Not that I'm a better person--I'm just within my rights to use public sidewalks/crosswalks.

They tend not to be around entrances to the resorts--more at the construction areas along the strip. It's so built up now that there isn't a lot of construction on the main part of the strip (unless an existing resort is being renovated or replaced)--some day there will be no vacant property left!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 7761
    I saw a real-life police car chase in Vegas. It was awesome. This car came flying down the strip with 3 police cars in pursuit. Me and a friend were just coming out of Ceasars and it was about 4am. This car pulled into a hotel parking lot opposite and the 3 police cars followed it and for about 20 minutes they just went round and round this lot. Me and my friend were stood in the median watching them in hysterical laughter. Then the police get this idea of blocking off the exits to the lot so they pull across but they didn't pull across far enough and this car got out and sped off down the strip and the police wedged each other in. I swear we were laying in the road laughing by this point.

Are you sure they weren't filming a movie?

Post Thanks / Like
    :sigs-cartoon-022:

Poached eggs! LOLOLOL! Where's the toast?!!! LOLOLOLOL!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 7765
    Poached eggs! LOLOLOL! Where's the toast?!!! LOLOLOLOL!
    I know! I didn't realise the whole after 10 thing (honestly!) so I was a bit shocked when we were all basically searched on the way in for cameras! then as the show started, I thought AHHHH ok I see and the rather excitable Japanese business man sitting next to me pulled out a tiny camera and started snapping away.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taja, post: 7763
    Are you sure they weren't filming a movie?
    Definitely the real thing. Funniest thing I've ever seen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh good grief. Had he never seen poached eggs before then?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 7755

Vegas is great, just don't book any of the shows after 10pm that's when they go topless. It's like watching 100s of tiny poached eggs all dancing in rythm.
    :sigs-cartoon-022:

I have such an image in my head now!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345