Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffets

Post Thanks / Like
    I know a lot of people like Buffets but the oly time we have tried them offsite, Golden Corral, I think, I thought it was poor quality food. They may be cheap but I would rather have good.

Onsite buffets seem better but then they are a lot more expensive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy _B, post: 3826
    I know a lot of people like Buffets but the oly time we have tried them offsite, Golden Corral, I think, I thought it was poor quality food. They may be cheap but I would rather have good.

Onsite buffets seem better but then they are a lot more expensive.
    That's been our experience too

Some of the slightly offsite hotels do decent enough ones! The wyndham palace, now the Buena vista palace right opposite downtown disney did a nice character buffet when we were there! Food actually hot!

some of the worst ones have been the all you can eat chinese super buffets. Really poor food, barely heated <shudder>
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I have completely given up on off site buffets. I've been to the one at Gaylord Palms and was not pleased with the quality of the food. The Rosen Hotel at Christmas one year had a beautiful buffet, but forgot to light the warmer tins so everything was at the tepid (and dangerous) temperature.

I've tried the "all you can eat" lobster/seafood buffets and they were some of the worst. Horribly overcooked (yet not hot) lobster and crab, and in one, a filthy (as in dripping sand/dirt/grit) pan of clams.

So, Andy B. I agree with you completely.

The only buffets I've ever had trouble with at WDW were Trails End (the one time we visited it was horribly messy, like a feeding frenzy was happening!) and Cape May (one of our visits saw the steam tables not working which made for very long lines and grumpy people). Other than those two instances, we've always felt secure with Disney buffets. :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure if we'll ever go back to offsite places for buffet breakfasts or dinners. Unless we are doing a character breakfast, it will be breakfast in our rooms at SSR, and a really good meal at night. On our last holiday, it definitely came down to quality over quantity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't like the mass market buffets off site, the only one I like is Sweet Tomatoes. The food quality onsite is much better and they work for us because I am pretty fussy so I can make my own meal how I like it :D Boma being my absolute favourite!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I always forget about Sweet Tomatoes. I will eat in certain ones of those.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    What are the ponderosas like ? good food buffets ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry, but in my opinion no. I will not eat at a Ponderosa, or a Sizzler. No Shoney's either. I'll go to a grocery store and buy lunch meat and bread before eating at those places. :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried Sweet Tomatoes? It is a very good buffet. There are lots of salads to choose from as well as soups, breads, muffins, a pasta dish, pizza and desserts. We went at 3.45 last time and paid lunch time prices as the dinner choices were being carried out. The food is great.

Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    We ate at a golden corral once as friends wanted to eat there. Never again. Have had some good buffets in Disney, the best being CP. I love Cracker Barrel for breakfast.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast