Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: wont be on much the next week

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    warks,uk
    Posts
    1,976
    Post Thanks / Like
    while i was at work yesterday chloe decided she would go on my laptop and now it doesnt work at all wont even start up so its getting collected monday to hopefully get repaired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    blimey must have deleted something for it not to boot up trace, would be easy to fix if it did tho....use hers while yours is repaired
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    warks,uk
    Posts
    1,976
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 137539
    blimey must have deleted something for it not to boot up trace, would be easy to fix if it did tho....use hers while yours is repaired
    she said she put in her usb thing then the whole thing just turned off ....hasnt restarted since
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    3,627
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nightmare!

    I'll be back at work hun so i won't be here either!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tb2830, post: 137541
    she said she put in her usb thing then the whole thing just turned off ....hasnt restarted since
    hmmmmmm thst shouldnt make any difference i know but it may have blown the main board or power supply.....if you go to switch it on do any lights come on at all
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    warks,uk
    Posts
    1,976
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyblonde, post: 137542
    Nightmare!

    I'll be back at work hun so i won't be here either!

    too right its a nightmare ....she shouldnt of even been on it as they all have there own but mine i use with the printer so she decided to turn mine on .....once again im just hoping i havent lost anything on it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    warks,uk
    Posts
    1,976
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 137543
    hmmmmmm thst shouldnt make any difference i know but it may have blown the main board or power supply.....if you go to switch it on do any lights come on at all
    if i turn the power switch on it lights up but the screen doesnt do nothing then the power button turns itself back off
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tb2830, post: 137544
    too right its a nightmare ....she shouldnt of even been on it as they all have there own but mine i use with the printer so she decided to turn mine on .....once again im just hoping i havent lost anything on it
    where are you having it repaired, pcw, if it is you HAVE to tell them to save whatever and tell them where is is or they will just wipe it and not recover your data, if its a mainboard or power supply failure then no need to touch the hard drive
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tb2830, post: 137546
    if i turn the power switch on it lights up but the screen doesnt do nothing then the power button turns itself back off
    in the time you turn it on to when it goes off would the screen usually have had something come on?
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brigjton
    Posts
    2,050
    Post Thanks / Like
    What make of laptop is it? I have a HP one and mine did that and it was the main board (or something like that) none of my data was lost just a pain not to have it for a week.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •