Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ADR}~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 137749
    Perhaps I'll even do a cruise
    I heard that!

Seriously, I have to agree about the dining plans. They have definitely made it more difficult to plan your meals. We use the dining plan primarily because we've gotten it for free but that doesn't mean I wouldn't go back to the old way. I would... in an instant!

We don't eat off site simply because we have too many favorite restaurants on site that are "must do" places. Besides, we drive from home down to WDW and once I get there, it's nice to just park the car, put my brain on the front seat, and not see either one for the next week!

So... I guess as long as they keep doing a dining plan, I'll just have to suffer and get my ADR's 90 days in advance.

Tom (... liked the old way better!)

Post Thanks / Like
    holywood brown derby was always a must do but nope we cant get in this tie at all. i really do think its time to do things diffferently with the dinning thing.
    we will have a car and we love going to steakhouses cattlemans being a favorite as is charlies

Post Thanks / Like
    This situation is actually holding us back from booking a trip. We hate having to plan to that degree, or to stay in a hotel where we're not even guaranteed to be able to eat And as eating is a huge part of any holiday for us, then that makes a huge difference to our level of enjoyment.

I've never actually stayed on site before, and have discovered some lovely off-site restaurants. But as we're planning to stay on-site this time...well, we wouldn't want to take our car if we hired one as we enjoy a good bottle of wine with our meal, and I'm guessing the cabs would cost us quite a bit. So we'd only maybe want to eat off-site 3 or 4 times in a 10 day trip. What happens the rest of the time?

I know the dining plans can be good value and a life saver for many, but for a place that seemed to have prided itself on it's eateries, it seems to have forgotten the point of that whole side of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    im annoyed with myself because i want to try and book some others and forgot to ask for my american reservation number so it will mean they will have to phone and get it whilst i hang on the line again which takes forever

Post Thanks / Like
    This is why DH will not stay on-site. Hates having to book in advance to eat anywhere. We stay on I-Drive (south end) & do not drive. We booked ADR's only for character breakfast & Mickeys Backyard BBQ! We were lucky to be able to walk in T-Rex & Rainforest Cafe with no wait, we booked on day for 50's Prime Time (disappointed this year as little interaction from server & felt rushed).

We love being able to jump on Lynx or I-ride & try all the great restaurants up & down I-drive (Red Lobster, Bahama Breeze, TGI Fridays, Friendleys, Tony Roma's, Sweet Tomatoes, Olive Garden, Denny's etc). Food better IMO than Disney & even better it is cheaper!

Post Thanks / Like
    the choice is alot better i agree and cheaper. we do like the magic of onsite too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12