Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An update on a slightly wobble Basil Puppy

Post Thanks / Like
    **Title should read "wobbly", not "wobble"! Must be slightly wobbly myself!!!**

I've not been around too much here over the weekend, I guess in the UK a lot of us have been enjoying the lovely weather! I have though, also been busy with Basil.

Unfortunately (and there's no nice way to say this ), when he's been going to the toilet he has been very loose since 24 hours after he came home. We put this down to the stress of all of the changes he's been though, and so did the vet of the shelter we got him from when we had him checked on Wednesday. On Saturday morning we took him to our own vet as it seemed a long time for it to go on. Basil had also been lifting up his back legs as if he had maybe hurt one of them. Well, to cut a long story short, my vet thinks the two things may well be connected. Rather than just an inflamed intestine, he thinks it may be symptomatic of a generalised inflammatory infection that has gone to his legs too, and could spread. Poor Basil screamed when the vet squeezed his legs and knees :(

He is being treated with antibiotics and anti-inflammatories, but the vet has warned me that often in puppies this is something that can't be healed as it's probably tied in with an immune system deficiency, and the dog either has to be put to sleep or is disabled with low quality of life(which in such a young pup could mean the same thing). This could be confirmed soon, or it could take a few months to diagnose through a process of elimination.

Of course, it could also be just a coincidental set of two different things that will heal themselves fast, and of course that is how we're choosing to see it. But at present he wants to see him every two days. Some pixie dust wouldn't go astray though, if you have any lying around.

He is ok in himself most of the time though, despite being starved for a day, and now having only rice and eggs!! He is so happy and active, and whatever happens he is loving his life with us!!

Here are a couple of pics of him with his favourite toy, and with his big brother Mr Darcy, who he adores and respects!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Poor you and Basil! I hope he gets better, I'm sure it is nothing so serious
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    oh no poor Basil

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh poor Basil. Hope he is OK.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah Deb! I am soooo hoping that they are seperate problems that both heal quickly!

He's just so cute

Post Thanks / Like
    Deb, l am so sorry. Lets hope it is two isolated coincidences(if that makes sense) Lots of for yu and Mr Deb.
    And lots of for sweet Basil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Aw Deb I'm keeping everything crossed that they are separate problems and it heals up quickly.
    Saw you message on DP but had no advice to offer, could his outbursts be connected to the pain do you think

Nicki

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry baby Basil is poorly I so hope it is something that can be cured Deb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aw, poor Basil--and the entire Deb family!

that the issues are separate and he recovers soon.

He is well loved by your entire family!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast