Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: We're here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh good heavens! Make his own sundae? I can only imagine! We'll have to look into it. Thanks, John!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! A great start to your holiday, Keith!

BTW, you'll find the Mickey head Rice Krispies treats at all of the resort food courts and many of the shops. Leu always swears the WDW ones taste better than the Disneyland ones! Doesn't make sense to me--they probably use the same recipe! But she's the foodie, so I'll take her word for it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taja, post: 139484
    Wow! A great start to your holiday, Keith!

BTW, you'll find the Mickey head Rice Krispies treats at all of the resort food courts and many of the shops. Leu always swears the WDW ones taste better than the Disneyland ones! Doesn't make sense to me--they probably use the same recipe! But she's the foodie, so I'll take her word for it!

Stop making me wish for mickey rice Krispy treats!!!! I still have 3 months to go!!! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Still here & having a great time

We had a couple of days with afternoon showers over the weekend but otherwise we've had great weather.

So many great times. We went to a great mall at Winter Garden thanks to a Tink recommendation. It was off the normal tourist routes and everyone was SO nice to us there. We had a great meal at Chicago Uno Grill and I mean REALLY great. Service and food wonderful and price was good too. Gave more expensive places a real kick.

Planet hollywood late night meal after cinema. Good use of the Disney UK $15 off planet hollywood voucher there

Going to Morton's this evening for a hopefully nice dinner
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Well back from Morton's. Hmmmm

After trying Charley's, Ruth's Chris and Mortons, I'm not convinced that Mortons and Ruth's Chris are really worth the extra. When I walked into Mortons I had a memory flash of recognition and think I may have been to one in Washington many years ago. I think I liked the Washington one a lot but the Orlando one was a bit lacking. Main dining room, nothing really noteworthy other than the prices. Server not very attentive, wine glass/water glasses not topped up for ages, coke refills not brought, sauces forgotten. Overall, not too impressed really.

Charleys seems a much better deal but I want to try Mannys chop house and some others as well.

Shame about Morton's. I like to think I'm a total snob when afforded the opportunity but it just didn't do it for me.

We did find a passable Chinese buffet! At crossroads, Dragon Court. Everything kept hot, a really good selection of food and good service. Stupidly cheap to be honest and the surroundings are going to win any awards, certainly pf changs beats it soundly for quality of decor. However the food itself was great really! Not as good as a good UK chinese restaurant but the best I've found in Orlando.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Dragon Court.....will have to remember that one
    A friend has often said for us to try Uno's and we've never got around to it yet.....maybe this next trip. I'll look up the addresses for both of them and put them on my list.

Pleased your still having a great visit

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to hear that you are eating your way through Orlando Keith.
    Carry on having a great vacation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awww! I'm sorry Morton's wasn't up to snuff. :( Not a very good show for them, given their location and these economic times. Would have preferred that they gave you the best service and quality of food that they have become known for!

Thanks for the update on them though. We've not been in awhile and if that's what they've sunk to, we'll not be in a much longer while!

So! Decent you say? Chinese you say? Well...whadda ya' know about that?! :D

Good that you enjoyed your foray out of tourist land and into the local scene.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    its so nice to read live trip reports :)

Post Thanks / Like
    It's really interesting to read about offsite dining places.
    [CENTER]

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast