Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP choosing a new camera

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok.. I know absolutly NOTHING about cameras, and I seriously cant be bothered reading about the features, and the lenses and the specifications..... becaus eI dont understand them

So.. I have my eyes set on a Nikon D40, Ive heard it can be like a point and shoot in that it is simple to use, takes great pictures (I have seen some amazing shot with it) and isnt too bulky or too expensive.

Anyway, Toņo just told me he will buy any camera I want, and actually sent me the reviews of the Nikon D60 and a Canon Rebel.. they are both more expensive than the Nikon D40... so my question is... are either of them worth the extra money???? are they as simple to use? are they bulkier?

Which one would you get???

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well you know that I love my D40. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    We got our daughter the D60. It can use the VR lenses (Billie the D40 can't right? Maybe I am off base here). The VR lenses help ensure that the images will be crisper in lower light situations without flash; longer exposure. She has the 18 - 55 and 55 - 200 lenses. It is a beauty but so far she hasn't played with it too much, opting for the auto features.

I would suggest one of the many SLR like cameras like the Fuji S1000 or like my S5000.
    or something like this: http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/...0fd/index.html
    You can get 10 megapixel with a pretty good optical zoom and face detection for a few hundred dollars. They are smaller and easily packed in a fanny pack for pictures in the park. DD's D60 is pretty bulky but not as bulky as a full sized DSLR. There was a Canon body that was huge when we were looking at DSLRs for DD.

Post Thanks / Like
    I rather like those little disposables myself. Me n' Helly that is. :D

I have a very small Canon. We have one of the old style (film! ) with a MONSTER lens, but the advance is not working properly. The little one we have is pretty easy for casual use. Not the greatest for seriously nice work like you see our incredibly talented members here do.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 138300
    I rather like those little disposables myself. Me n' Helly that is. :D
    oh Tink have we taught you nothing?

Post Thanks / Like
    I shot with a D60 this weekend...it was fun :) :) :) :)

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had nothing but trouble with the Nikon that I had. I have a Fuji and a Lumix that I absolutely love. Esp the Lumix cause it is small and just as powerful as the Fuji.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually Dan, it does take the VR lenses. That's what I have for the 55-200mm lens.

Post Thanks / Like
    is VR the equivalent of IS?

Post Thanks / Like
    How bulky was the D60 Becca?

Johnie.. we have a panasonic lumix, but its terrible in low light settings :( and the flash it terrible!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast