Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary suggestions

Post Thanks / Like
    My parents will have been married for 30 years this August. I would like to get them something special as 30 years is practically unheard of now-a-days.

Remember that I'm graduate student and don't have loads of money, but I would like to get them something special. Any sort of trip is out of the question (due to mom working, etc.), but I'm totally open to hearing what others think.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could get them a photo-canvas of a picture of the two of them?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmmm, what do they like to do? Do they collect anything? Do they have any photos from their wedding? Perhaps you could riff off of Josh's idea and have a "then and now" collage sort of creation done (or you could make)?

I'm guessing you want something more permanent than a lovely dinner?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    i agree with both Josh and Tink!

or how about a trip somewhere nice for a special picnic lunch, i don't know what you have around your way but I'm thinking a nice park or garden area something which is free then you just have to get a yummy picnic

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't really have access to their wedding photos. After I was little and put some crayons on the book, I have not been able to be near it since.

A dinner would be nice, but there are no nice places in their area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps you can use pictures you already have... do you have your own child-hood pics in your house/apartment? Perhaps there are ones you could use from there. The only problem with using 'old' photos is that often the quality goes a bit rubbish when you print them oh-so-large.
    Perhaps it is easier to get them both seperate smaller gifts. I know when it was my parents anniversary it was hard to pick something they could both enjoy so in the end went with seperate gifts.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely don't have those kinds of photos here Josh, but I may be able to get a decent when they visit in July as their anniversary is in August.

They do love movie and Red Lobster, so I thought with you guys' suggestions that I could buy movie tickets, a gift certificate for Red Lobster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe when they come and visit you they could go to a movie and when they come back, you can have a gourmet meal waiting for them. Table all presented nicely with candles etc....then you leave them to enjoy it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the movie and dinner idea too. My parents wouldn't want a huge fuss made (they'll be married 39 years in Nov).

My sister went to one of those pottery places where you can paint the objects and made them an anniversary plate. ahem I will admit to laughing a lot when I noticed that the year of marriage was a month after I was born. My poor sister swears she checked it but obviously not.....unless my whole childhood has been a lie

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a few suggestion of what Ive given my parents... maybe they dont all apply, but you might get some more ideas billie :)

Concert tickets
    Theater/ballet tickets
    A photobook from Shutterfly, it was really easy to make and I just put ALL the pics I had with them and Tatiana together...
    A plate that reads "Grandparents house" which they hung on their garden

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast