Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anniversary suggestions

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Who knew it was going to be so difficult.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gee Billie, what they really want are grandkids..hehe JK

I know, sorry, get that school thing all out of the way and maybe someday..

Anyhow, I really really like the idea of you taking the time to put together old photos into organized albums. Even scanning and putting together some sort of powerpoint presentation for them. We just got some of my MIL's photos from her estate and wanted to get them together, how nice it would have been to have the box of pictures organized for her.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kids...yeah right....they have already accepted that they will never be getting grandkids from me.

I love the idea of the photos, but I don't have access to any older pictures. They are all in their house....somewhere buried deep within the basement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dinner and a movie is nice. Is it something they would normally do? Do they drink wine? Maybe a nice bottle?

Have they been in the same area or house for awhile? Maybe a drawing of thier house or neighborhood landmark. You could even take one of your wonderful pictures when you are home in July and have it framed for them. (sorry, thought you said you were going home not them coming to you.)

Do they have old videos or pictures of you and your family? What about a gift card to have them put onto dvds?
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    They are actually coming here, I think for about 4-5 days (I hope I survive ;))

They have lived in that house for a little over 10 years, but I don't think they really like it. But, yes I could take a picture of them while they are here and then get it blown up to a nice size and then framed. Or made into something (walmart says they can turn pictures into about a billion things). That would be nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    FD, you should take advantage of being a student and knowing students. I'm sure some starving student artist could commision a picture for you!
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    All my fellow students are psychology students....we'd probably just sit around and analyze why I want the picture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 140560
    All my fellow students are psychology students....we'd probably just sit around and analyze why I want the picture.
    xxoo Rosie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12