Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hooray for Big Girl Katelyn!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Remember, we have the best success when we reinforce (with something the child wants) the behavior we want to continue. :D So, every time she goes on the potty, she should get some sort of treat. Once she has a couple of weeks of "treat every time" and really has the behavior down pat, then you can back off to the highly effective variable ratio. That would mean that she get's reinforced with something she wants, but not every time. She won't know when the reinforcement is coming, so she keeps engaging in the wanted behavior.

Try not to make it candy, but often that is the easiest thing...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 138838
    Remember, we have the best success when we reinforce (with something the child wants) the behavior we want to continue. :D So, every time she goes on the potty, she should get some sort of treat. Once she has a couple of weeks of "treat every time" and really has the behavior down pat, then you can back off to the highly effective variable ratio. That would mean that she get's reinforced with something she wants, but not every time. She won't know when the reinforcement is coming, so she keeps engaging in the wanted behavior.

Try not to make it candy, but often that is the easiest thing...
    :wtg: katelyn!!!!

I don't have a clue about potty training, but I saw on Super Nanny that she gets them to collect star-stickers that go on a chart. Once she has, say 5 stickers, then she gets a piece of candy or a toy or something. Perhaps that way will be a bit healthier than giving candy every time?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Done Katelyn. I bet all the princesses will be cheering to hear what a great job you are doing. Keep up the good work

Post Thanks / Like
    lol I had to bribe Alysia with Chuck E Cheese too. She had her 3rd birthday party there and she wasn't always going to the potty like she should. So I told her if she wanted to have her party, she had to use the big girl potty all of the time. It worked!

Congrats to you and Katelyn!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hooray for Katelyn!!!

Wow.. that will make your life a bit easier Shelly!... :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 138776
    Disney doesn't allow the princesses to wear diapers. :D :D
    really? oh oh.....

Post Thanks / Like
    We did stickers with Steven. Five stickers meant he could choose a comic at the shops. He put his choice on the counter and announced to everyone he had been for a wee five times on the big toilet and punched the air in triumph.

Post Thanks / Like
    well done Katelyn!

although i'd rather buy diapers than go to chuck e cheeses!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Disney doesn't allow diapers only if Mommy and Daddy don't want diapers anymore

When Katie goes on the potty she gets to flush it away in the big potty and she gets to pick something quick and fun. She can watch a video on youtube ( wiggles, mickey, something like that), or we sing a song together, stickers are huge, and I would say every few potty trips she gets to pick a treat. It really is working and even now she doesn't ask for something every time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done Katelyn!!

What do you get at Chuck-E-Cheese? Is is somewhere I need an ADR for in August?

I actually thought it was a made up place off the Simpsons or some other programme!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 138900
    Well done Katelyn!!

What do you get at Chuck-E-Cheese? Is is somewhere I need an ADR for in August?

I actually thought it was a made up place off the Simpsons or some other programme!
    mmmmmmm Colin will love it, you have to experience it Lisa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12