Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dont know what to do. I'm so upset

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone.

I dont really know what to do and I'm sorry in advance for this post, it's just me letting my anger out I guess..

Dont know if everyone knows but my boyfriend Aaron had a really good job in a local supermarket (sounds naff i know). He was the bakery manager and was earning quite good money.
    Anyway a couple of months ago his assistant started causes alot of trouble for Aaron and it got so bad that it forced Aaron to step down from manager to normal baker. (Not good when u have a 10 month old baby to think of) I tried sooooooooooo hard to tell Aaron it was the wrong thing to do, and that he would loose so much money a month and he shouldnt let someone so stupid win....Sorry I havent explained it well it just annoys me.
    So he was then loosing just over 600 a month. With me only working part time now we don't really have that much money anymore. We've gone from being quite stable to struggling to buy food for Chloe some weeks.

So when Aaron stepped down they stupidly gave the idiot whos been causing trouble for Aaron the managers job.
    Ever since, the sales r down. The waste is up. The staff r leaving, and r sometimes not turning up for work when they r meant to be there, so you can see it's completely going downhill.
    Last week Danny (thats the new idiot manager) just didnt turn up for work. Didnt call in sick or anything, so of course the higher managers expected Aaron to run the department. The sales were up, and everyone was happy.
    The department manager above Danny, told Aaron that he wants him back and will do anything to get him back so went to the manager above him (sorry if this is confusing) and told him. So that manager said he wants Aaron back but he cant just demote Danny when he hasent done anything major wrong!? So he told him to hold tight and he will sort it out.

So basically thats the story.
    But now is the part thats annoyed me more....

Being 600 down a month we r really struggling to pay up the holiday. All the other bills are getting paid so thats not the problem. We have paid quite a considerable amount off of the holiday already and have 500 left to pay. But its just impossible for us to pay it.
    It was due to be paid on the 18th of June...Aaron doesnt get paid until the 24th so I have extended it until then but now Aaron wont have the money, I need to extend it again but they wont let us. And besides I wont get paid enough to pay off 500 all in one go and have money to survive the month.
    Aaron has tried everything to raise money even thought of selling the car but again that would have been silly because we would have been without a car!!
    Then said about getting a loan but I said no way.

So now the question is, do we cancel the holiday?
    Aaron has said that if someone will pay him back everything he has paid and then pay the rest I can still go and he will stay at home with Chloe. But I dont want to do that. I wouldnt.
    I feel like now he is blaming everything on me, because I'm the one that kept going on and on and on about going to Florida this year.
    He wont talk to me, and has gone upto bed after saying 'Thats it now Kel, thats me done. Finished. If u think of any bright ideas let me know' and off he went.

What do we do :(

[/URL]

Nation to Nation, All the world must come together. Face the problems that we see, then maybe somehow we can work it out.
    I asked my neighbour for a favour she said later. What has come of all the people have we lost love of what its about?
    I have to find my piece cos noone seems to let me be. False prophets, cry of doom, what are the posibilities?
    I told my brother there'll be problems times and tears for fears. We must live each day like its the last.

Michael, u r my life. I love u so much.

August 29th 1958 - June 25th 2009 xxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like
    can you postpone the trip at all? i know it will cost to do this but you'd lose the same amount if you cancelled.

hope it all works out Kel, don't let it get between you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 138940
    can you postpone the trip at all? i know it will cost to do this but you'd lose the same amount if you cancelled.

hope it all works out Kel, don't let it get between you
    Thats what Ste just said too. He said that if we cancel before 76 days before we travel we will get all but the deposit back. And we can postpone for 25pp if we want to.
    I'm going to try and talk to Aaron tomorrow when he's calmed down a bit.
    Arghhhhhh it's just so annoying how one stupid thing can mess soooo much up u know?
    And the thought of having to wait longer now is awful!!
    Thank u xx

[/URL]

Nation to Nation, All the world must come together. Face the problems that we see, then maybe somehow we can work it out.
    I asked my neighbour for a favour she said later. What has come of all the people have we lost love of what its about?
    I have to find my piece cos noone seems to let me be. False prophets, cry of doom, what are the posibilities?
    I told my brother there'll be problems times and tears for fears. We must live each day like its the last.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just posted a reply but it's disappeared

I was going to say it may be best to postpone - hopefully by then you will be on top of things financially and have a better time when you do get to go.

Hope things start looking up for you soon

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    try to let the dust settle a bit then talk about it again and try to pospone it for a little while :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Have just spoken to him and he said under no circumstances are we going to cancel or postpone as I have been looking so forward to it!!!!!!!!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! He is sooooo annoying!! xx

[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like
    Awww Kel, i'm so sorry to hear this news and what a horrible situation to be in. Do you have a credit card that you can use to pay the balance at the last possible minute, then you could pay it back the following month if you see what I mean. It would be a shame at this late stage to lose your hols, I know you have been looking forward to it. I can't remember if you booked a package or a DIY hol - if you booked a villa then could you not get in touch with them and ask them if they would be prepared to wait a month for final payment. Seems to me you just need a "stalling exercise".
    Linda xx

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope everything works out for you, I really do

Post Thanks / Like
    Right now, you need to go to bed, and get to sleep. Talk about it tomorrow with a fresh head. Easier said than done but it will really help

Money problems cannot be much fun, but trust me, they will get much better Your holiday is obviously important and the time away will really do you both some good. I would tell your BF/Husband that you think it's better to postpone the holiday for the 25pp cost and explain that once you are in a better financial situation you will be able to enjoy your holiday a lot more and the time in between will be a lot less stressful.

It sounds as though it is a hard position to be in, and I can totally understand why it is stressing everyone out.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much you're all so kind.

Its just soooooo annoying that Aaron is so stubborn about things.
    He has gone to bed in a huff now. Its like I cant think of a good enough way out of this so he wont even bother talking. He said he dont want to think about it anymore as he dont care about it anymore!! So basically he'd rather loose the money they sort it out!!
    I'm going to pretend I dont care I think. Then he'll soon wonder why.

Linda, thanks for your advice!!! We did have a credit card but stupidly.......used it when we went crazy at christmas, and Aaron said he'd paid it, but then it got a bit confusing as we recieved a letter saying we owed money from the month after!! God knows how they worked it out. Anyway it's paid now but we have to wait 6 months to get it put back on!! The things you do when u get in a bit of a tiff................u just dont think about the consequences that may follow!!! Obviously we have learnt the hard way lol.

I'm going to have to convince him to postpone, but its going to be hard!!
    Going to go to bed now guys. Sorry about my moaning as usual lol. And of course thanks for your advice and support!!

Kel xxxxxxxxx

[/URL]

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast