Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My boy is home from Barcelona tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    My boy is home from Barcelona tonight. He was there for a week with the school, and has had a fab time by all accounts. He has been to see lots of Gaudí architecture, the Olympic Stadium, The football ground, monasteries and has also had sailing and wind surfing lessons. I'm glad he had a great time but I've missed him soooooooo much. I can't wait till he's home.

He's nearly 14 so will probably want to go to Uni in about 4 years. I have no idea how I will let him go. I was thinking about locking him in a cupboard and keeping him with me forever. Heeheeheehee!

Post Thanks / Like
    oh my goodness, i know how you feel! Fun for them but a loooong week

my DS went last year, he was still 13 at the time - i couldn't wait for him to get back! they did the Gaudi stuff, the football stadium, La Sagrada Familia etc, oh and PortAventura!

Did your DS actually stay in Barcelona, mine was at a hotel in Tossa de Mar and they travelled in by coach?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 139124

my DS went last year, he was still 13 at the time - i couldn't wait for him to get back! they did the Gaudi stuff, the football stadium, La Sagrada Familia etc, oh and PortAventura!

Did your DS actually stay in Barcelona, mine was at a hotel in Tossa del Mar and they travelled in by coach?
    Holy Cow you guys have great school trips, we're lucky to go to the zoo for crying out loud!!!Our HS's sometimes travel with the foreign lanquage club but golly....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 139124

Did your DS actually stay in Barcelona, mine was at a hotel in Tossa del Mar and they travelled in by coach?
    Lol They were at PortAventura yesterday, I got a text saying "some great coasters but not as good as Florida" lol

He's at a family run campsite called Vilanova in a log challet with 4 other boys. He said its lovely. It has 2 swimming pools one indoor, jacuzzi, sport areana & pitches, evening entertainment, petting zoo and aparently the food is fab, He had chicken broth, Steak and roasties and ice-cream with fruit last night. I think it must be on the outskirts as he said it's on a hill looking into the countryside.

What lucky boys we have.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow! Barcelona is a beautiful city

Im sure he had a great time!! :)

Post Thanks / Like
    our lot stayed at a dreadful hotel, bad food followed by some bad tummies. The water facilities in some rooms didn't work, not helpful when the occupants had bad tummies - luckily mine wasn't one of them.

Their teacher was taken ill with her diabetes and had to fly home while the kids all had to endure their 2nd 24 hour coach journey.

Their packed lunches supplied by the hotel every day were as bad as the food they had to consume at the hotel and most of them didn't eat it each day. Apparently the evening food was leftovers from lunch, and even breakfast some days I believe....

They were all so hungry on the way back home that their teachers bought them all a takeaway, the teachers were as hungry as the kids i think!

Needless to say it really put him off school trips! Oh, and that was the weekend we had really deep snow last April - he missed it

The town they stayed at looks beautiful though with a lovely beach and the youngsters all appreciated how lovely it was which is good

I'm really happy to hear your son has had a great time, I was a bit worried when I saw where he'd been! sounds like our lot should've stayed there doesn't it?

what time do you expect him home?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 139140
    Holy Cow you guys have great school trips, we're lucky to go to the zoo for crying out loud!!!Our HS's sometimes travel with the foreign lanquage club but golly....

My lad went with his HS Spanish group, the Art Dept have a New York trip and another dept has a Barcelona trip but I can't remember what dept it is...

They don't do badly do they?! All they had when i was there during the ice age was skiing trips

What did your lad go for BB?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 139182
    our lot stayed at a dreadful hotel, bad food followed by some bad tummies. The water facilities in some rooms didn't work, not helpful when the occupants had bad tummies - luckily mine wasn't one of them.

Their teacher was taken ill with her diabetes and had to fly home while the kids all had to endure their 2nd 24 hour coach journey.

Their packed lunches supplied by the hotel every day were as bad as the food they had to consume at the hotel and most of them didn't eat it each day. Apparently the evening food was leftovers from lunch, and even breakfast some days I believe....

They were all so hungry on the way back home that their teachers bought them all a takeaway, the teachers were as hungry as the kids i think!

Needless to say it really put him off school trips! Oh, and that was the weekend we had really deep snow last April - he missed it

The town they stayed at looks beautiful though with a lovely beach and the youngsters all appreciated how lovely it was which is good

I'm really happy to hear your son has had a great time, I was a bit worried when I saw where he'd been! sounds like our lot should've stayed there doesn't it?

what time do you expect him home?

OMG!!!! that sounds terrible. Poor kids.

DS will get home at 2am. They are flying into Edinburgh and then it's a 3 ˝ hour coach ride back up north.

I can sympathize with the 24 hours in a coach though. My DH and I were helpers on a trip last year with the boys Brigade and took 50 teenage lads on a trip to Holland, Belgium, France and Germany.

Although we had a blast, 24 hours on a coach is a killer. I can't imagine how bad it must have been for your DS being hungry homesick and feeling off, poor thing.

Edit to say it was the Art, PE and English departmet running the trip. He went to London the year before with the music department and had a fab time there too. They seen 7 musicals plus all the London sights.

Post Thanks / Like
    7 musicals - wow!

urgh - what a time to get back

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 139184
    My lad went with his HS Spanish group, the Art Dept have a New York trip and another dept has a Barcelona trip but I can't remember what dept it is...

They don't do badly do they?! All they had when i was there during the ice age was skiing trips

What did your lad go for BB?

BB?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast