Thread: Mickeys Backyard BBQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive heard people either love it or hate it....

We would like to try it, not based on the food, but on the character interaction.. thinking maybe a relaxed diner and Tatiana not having to be confined hahaha but actually being able to run around and dance with Mickey and Minnie would be amazing!.-.

however... I am not sure if at 19 months she will just get run over by bigger kids...

Has anyone done this character meal? Do CMs manage to keep the kids under control? was it fun or frustrating for you?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    We loved it Mari - the kids were 7 and 5 at the time, we are ging again this year.

I have heard how it can be a bit of a scram for the characters but mine had loads of time dancing with them and the characters themselves were very good at controlling the kids, if one child held Minnies hand for example Minnie would form a circle to give lots of children a chance to dance with her at the same time.

It may have been quiet when we were there though, it's hard to tell as we have only been the once - we may have a different experience this year in August.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really enjoyed it Mari - and the food was good too!

As Lisa said the characters were good at controlling the crowd of kids - I think Tatiana would enjoy it!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that the characters were good at including all the children. Unfortunatley we did not have a good night there as DD (6) was so tired & it was so noisy she did not enjoy it. Also they did not enjoy the food - but this is because they are so picky & there was no chicken!!!

We got there at 6pm & got food straight away, show started at 6.30pm. Think we were back in MK by 7.30pm!!!

I do believe you would enjoy it - but it was not our thing as DD1 (10) found it boring as she did not want to dance with characters! Bad choice on my part to choose this dinner show, unfortunately (though I was enjoying it!)

Post Thanks / Like
    To be truthful, we werent that keen. We dont go a bundle on C&W but the music was reasonably good and the character interaction quite good too. It was a bit of a scramble getting to the characters though. I thought the food was just OK but the stars and stripes cake was fantastic. We left just before it finished and caught the last boat and the end of the MK fireworks as we sailed across. it was a fantastic end to what was an OK evening.

Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys!!

Im not really that worried about the food... after reading your opinions we know we are not expecting anything great.... but I do think Tatiana would have a good time... how often do you get to dance with Minnie and Mickey?

Except.. I hate country music, hahahaha, but Im sure Ill survive... hahahahaha