Thread: Are there pin trading things at the resorts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Im so interested in the pins and would love to try some trading.

Can you trade disney pins at the resorts somehow or is it in parks only? Sorry but I dont know how to start!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disfan, post: 140877

Can you trade disney pins at the resorts somehow or is it in parks only? Sorry but I dont know how to start!
    They have pin trading places at some resorts but not all. The WL is one that springs to mind where there is one. There is a huge one at DTD though.

However you can trade your pins with any cast member you see wearing a lanyard wherever you are in WDW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disfan, post: 140877

I didn't have a clue either but needed to find out so that my grandsons (they're going in a couple of weeks) would be setup to trade some pins. Found this Disney web page that helped a lot!

Tom (... pin neophyte first class!)

Post Thanks / Like
    At every resort I was in last week, all of the cast members had pins for trading...

I don't know if we traded correctly, but each time we saw a cast member, we looked over their pins, found one we liked, took it and gave them one of our pins... My husband also did a "Pin Fishing" game in the gift shop at the Beach Club :)

Post Thanks / Like
    yeap.. i would go directly to cast members wearing lanyards

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a pin trading cart in the WL just before you head round to Artist Point in the far left corner. The cast member who worked there was just so lovely and sweet. On Christmas Day she gave my youngest two free pins for singing Little Donkey to her lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know the price (generally speaking) for one of the pin lanyards? My DD has taken good care of hers for 5 years, but of course my less-organized DS can't seem to locate his, and isn't sure he wants to spend out of his Disney Dollar budget to replace it if it's pricey. I've wracked my brain but I can't recall how much they usually cost--for some reason $13 or $14 USD seems to stick in my head; am I in the ballpark?
    Love isn't about finding someone you can live with.
    It's about finding someone you can share a lifetime with.

Post Thanks / Like
    My little lad and I started about 2 years ago and its great as we have something we do together. On his 9th birthday they started trading in the UK and we made it a day out going to the Disney Stores. He is braver than I am even at 8 he traded whilst queing for rides lol. It is a real ice breaker and you end up making new friends.

Sharni Tinkerbell xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like
    I was the Pin Star at SSR . I was so embarassed !!! Most resort gift shops have pin boards now, just ask . WOD has special pin trading at 2 & 6 PM everyday . MouseGears has a surprise pin trading board at 5 PM everyday . And now guest services at every theme park has a pin book you can view & trade .
    Also, pin traders are now at the tables outside the pin station in Epcot . Each trader I came across there was easy to trade with .
    There are also pin trading nights at usually The Contemporary held once a month .
    I am never lucky enough to time my trip right .
    Remember , if CM's are wearing green lanyards . They will only trade with children 12 years & younger .