Thread: So proud!!

Post Thanks / Like
    DS newly turned 12, ran in his 4th race yesterday. Race For The Cure! It was a 5k run and out of more than 1500 runners he came in 167, with a time of 23:00, which placed him in 9th place in his division and 135 among all men!! Ty was up in front and the official took him out of line and placed him in the middle of the pack so he wouldn't get crushed!( Ty is rather on the short side!) On the score sheet they gave an age adjusted time, which I had never heard of that was 20:35. Any runners know what that was all about? It was listed for everyone not just the kids. I'm proud that he chose to run for such an important cause Ty has been dealing with his height issues this past year and we will see an endogrinologist this summer. It was nice to see him place so well regardless of his height!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done Ty That was quite an achievement

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on the excellent run, and on being such a compassionate young man. We are not tall people in our family. My mother is 4'8" and my Da is only but 5' 8" (but I thought he was a giant)! I'm 5'3" and as far as women go, an Amazon in my family!

So, not having height is something we are well familiar with. Good to have an endocrinologist check it out to see if it's a matter of growth hormone or something like that, but height does not make a man (or a woman)!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    WTG Ty! Congratulations on a fab run from little 5' 1" me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 141068
    Congratulations on the excellent run, and on being such a compassionate young man. We are not tall people in our family. My mother is 4'8" and my Da is only but 5' 8" (but I thought he was a giant)! I'm 5'3" and as far as women go, an Amazon in my family!

So, not having height is something we are well familiar with. Good to have an endocrinologist check it out to see if it's a matter of growth hormone or something like that, but height does not make a man (or a woman)!
    Sounds like my husbands family LOL! I,m also 5'3 and the giant in their world! Our other boys are all height challenged as well, the tallest is about the size of your Da Tink, but Ty is shorter than they were at this age. My brother is 6'2, I was hoping some tall genes would rub off. Children are not always nice at this age if you know what I mean!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire, post: 141071
    WTG Ty! Congratulations on a fab run from little 5' 1" me!

Ty said thanks and that he hopes he turns out taller than yourself!!( no offense intended!)

Post Thanks / Like
    great job well done Ty :D
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Tinkfan unfortunately I know all too well the mean spiritedness of children/teens.

I know it's very small comfort, but your son is far "taller" through his running and support of important causes than any amount of inches make his less committed "peers."

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Tink!1 That meant alot to Ty!