Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer glitch

Post Thanks / Like
    My computer seems to not display phone numbers when i am looking at a web page why would this be. If i click refresh it shows and then disapears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe your phone company is telling you, you talk too much and should not be calling anyone else. ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    how weird - did you get it sorted?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mainecoon lover, post: 140996
    My computer seems to not display phone numbers when i am looking at a web page why would this be. If i click refresh it shows and then disapears.
    What are you running? Is this Internet Explorer 7? What OS? XP, Vista, some other? Need a little more information before we could guess.

However, this sounds like something some 3rd party software might do. Do you have any special tool bars installed? Any security software? More details, please.

Tom (... didn't need to phone them anyway)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 141065
    What are you running? Is this Internet Explorer 7? What OS? XP, Vista, some other? Need a little more information before we could guess.

However, this sounds like something some 3rd party software might do. Do you have any special tool bars installed? Any security software? More details, please.

Tom (... didn't need to phone them anyway)
    We are vista with macfee security. No tool bar than normal that i am aware of although every now and then my search appears instead og google

Post Thanks / Like
    Not really sure what's going on there. There have been similar reports from users indicating that phone numbers are being hidden when using IE under Vista. Same symptoms as you've indicated. While no definitive answers to what's causing it, most people seem to feel that it's the result of some third party security product like Mcafee or something. There's also a reported issue using Skype on Vista. Is that something you use?

Try this. In Internet Explorer, go to your Tools menu -> Manage Add-ons -> Enable or Disable Add-ons.

Tell us what you've got on that list.

Tom (... trying to narrow it down!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you using IE8? Have you tried Firefox?

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 141090
    Not really sure what's going on there. There have been similar reports from users indicating that phone numbers are being hidden when using IE under Vista. Same symptoms as you've indicated. While no definitive answers to what's causing it, most people seem to feel that it's the result of some third party security product like Mcafee or something. There's also a reported issue using Skype on Vista. Is that something you use?

Try this. In Internet Explorer, go to your Tools menu -> Manage Add-ons -> Enable or Disable Add-ons.

Tell us what you've got on that list.

Tom (... trying to narrow it down!)
    Loads

shockwave flash object
    google / toolbar helper/notifier BHO
    research
    scriptproxy
    send to onenote
    showbarobj class
    sky
    adobe pdf reader
    skype add ons (mastermind)
    ssvhelper class
    yahoo toolbar

Are you using IE8?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. Something in that list is most likely the problem. Here's a post I ran across on the World Wide Wait that lists a potential problem with Skype:

Skype post

You may want to check that out. Also, you might try disabling each of those plugins/extensions one at a time to see if it makes any difference. Start with the Skype Mastermind.

Once you find one that corrects the problem, turn the others back on one at a time again.

Tom (... hope this helps... remote diagnosis ain't easy!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thankyou. I am thinking perhaps it is skype as we added that not long ago. We have only had this probem for roughly the same time. Thanks for all your help. Will let you know how i go

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast