Thread: Stupid alert question

Post Thanks / Like
    Just had an email from VA about how far seat reclines for take off

Dear Customer

Thank you for your email.

All seats in our Upper Class cabin recline upto 27.5 degrees to flat (bed). To know more about our Upper Class seating, please visit our website.

Should you have any other queries, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for contacting Virgin Atlantic.

Kind Regards

Tausif Kapde
    Contact Centre Customer Service Team

so how flat is this

Post Thanks / Like
    If these are anything like the BA seats they will recline totally flat during flight. During takeoff however, instead of the normal upright position that you are used to they are slightly reclined owing to the shape of the seat.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    The seats in Virgins UC do indeed recline to form a full length bed.
    Strictly speaking though, you [or your attendant] presses another button when you vacate your seat to allow this to happen.
    When you are sitting in your seat, the back of the seat can be reclined. I`m not sure by how much, but it is more than adequate. As you won`t have anyone sitting behind you [your seatback is located at a slight angle to the sides of the aircraft], then you can recline it to it`s maximum extent without having to worry about anyone behind you.

Oddly enough, whenever we`ve flown UC, the attendants seldom check to see by how much your seat is reclined, or even that you are wearing your seatbelts on take off and landing, which I found to be a bit strange.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 141092
    The seats in Virgins UC do indeed recline to form a full length bed.
    Strictly speaking though, you [or your attendant] presses another button when you vacate your seat to allow this to happen.
    When you are sitting in your seat, the back of the seat can be reclined. I`m not sure by how much, but it is more than adequate. As you won`t have anyone sitting behind you [your seatback is located at a slight angle to the sides of the aircraft], then you can recline it to it`s maximum extent without having to worry about anyone behind you.

Oddly enough, whenever we`ve flown UC, the attendants seldom check to see by how much your seat is reclined, or even that you are wearing your seatbelts on take off and landing, which I found to be a bit strange.
    Yeah they allow you to take off and land in upper class. All we know is VA are saying its 27.5 degree recline which means nothing to me

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 141092
    When you are sitting in your seat, the back of the seat can be reclined. I`m not sure by how much, but it is more than adequate.
    Yep, that's the 27.5degrees which is really excellent, it's not FAR off flat itself

yep! They even said to us that we were not required to have the seats up straight for landing "dont worry about it" which is in stark contrast to the obsessive behaviour they exhibit in economy and premium

I guess the angle of the seats has been tested and found to be more "crash resistant" or something but anyway yeah it's one of the nice things about upper
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I know that when we flew BA in 2007 they made the announcement to bring seats to a full upright position for take off. I did so and the flight attendant said no, that doesn't pertain to these seats and reclined my seat. But certainly NOT anywhere near flat.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all. Just silly mum worry with Beth. Need her as comfy as possible for take off and landing. She can then go flat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mainecoon lover, post: 141132
    All we know is VA are saying its 27.5 degree recline which means nothing to me
    I would imagine that the 27.5 degree incline is 27.5 degrees from vertical.

If you therefore assume that the vertical position of the seatback is O degrees [ie the back of the seat is at a right angle to the seat cushion] then the seat cushion would be at 90 degrees.
    Half way reclined would therefore be 45 degrees.
    So 27.5 degrees would be approx. mid way between this point and vertical.

I can`t imagine it to be 27.5 degrees from the horizontal since this would be VERY reclined.

Hope this hasn`t confused you as much as it confused me when I re- read it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 141404
    I would imagine that the 27.5 degree incline is 27.5 degrees from vertical.

If you therefore assume that the vertical position of the seatback is O degrees [ie the back of the seat is at a right angle to the seat cushion] then the seat cushion would be at 90 degrees.
    Half way reclined would therefore be 45 degrees.
    So 27.5 degrees would be approx. mid way between this point and vertical.

I can`t imagine it to be 27.5 degrees from the horizontal since this would be VERY reclined.

Hope this hasn`t confused you as much as it confused me when I re- read it!
    Thanks hun, it does not take a lot to confuse me on anything like this