Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Off work for a while :-(

Post Thanks / Like
    Well no more Tennis and Golf for a few weeks that's for sure. I'm joking. Hope it heals fast Diane and that will only happen if you rest. YES REST>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Sit back, read, have a good drink, and watch some great movies. That's what I think you should.

Hope you feel better soon. My mother is going through what you are going thru now, she doing physical therapy to help.

Post Thanks / Like
    One of our colleagues here at work tore the tendon in her right elbow and had to have surgery yesterday. They told her she will be out 4-6 weeks. I thought it was bad not being able to walk for 6 weeks a little over a year ago but I can't even imagine not being able to use my right arm for that long.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Awe hun sorry to hear you are not well . Have you tried heat patches. We use them for everything pain wise home here. They are excellent for Beth especially when she has her womens problems. Hope you feel much better soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the support guys Today I managed to smash the lense in my glasses because of my awkward arm! 93 to replace one lense I opted to buy a new pair as I would have been replacing the old ones in a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Mari, post: 141277
    can you use arnica or some sort of sports lotion ?
    You know Mari, I don't know. DH suggested Ibugel but I guess that would be the same as taking the Ibuprofen pills

Quote Originally Posted by mainecoon lover, post: 141383
    Have you tried heat patches.
    I have been told to use frozen bags of peas for 20 minutes at a time on the elbow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta love frozen peas. I just mold right to the body part. My mother uses cold and when I was having all my trouble with my back I was also told to use cold, as it reduces the swelling inside the body.

Post Thanks / Like
    Diane, I found this for you....it says 'rest' so that's just what you're going to have to do hun

"When it comes to reducing immediate pain, the therapy for tendonitis and tennis elbow may entail following the RICE method, which stands for rest, ice, compression and elevation.

During the acute stage of injury, your treatment will require rest.

Your best guide is to listen to your body. If you feel pain you know you are working against your tennis elbow treatment and healing plan.

If you experience inflammation, use ice as part of your tennis elbow treatment because ice can relieve muscle spasms.

To reduce pain associated with your tennis elbow your treatment may include the use of anti-inflammatory drugs and injections for short-term relief of symptoms"

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry your arm is hurting again :(

I think this would be a good time for a nice spa treatment

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to read about your problems Diane.
    I can`t offer any sound words of advice but I hope things get sorted soon for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wishing you a speedy recovery. Lots of sitting in the garden, if the sun is out.
    [CENTER]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast